Hello,

I have a VB form with 2 comboboxes and a textbox in which a user can type into.
I would like my mouse cursor to move from my 2nd combobox selection directly over to the textbox that I have on a VB form.

2nd comboboxe name: "CodeComboBox"
Textbox name where I would like my cursor to move to after the selection:"USDOTNumtxt"

I use the TextBoxName.Focus() in the SelectedIndexChanged but it doesn't function.

Here is my whole code:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'PTSGenDataSet.qryMasterPurchasing' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
        Me.QryMasterPurchasingTableAdapter.Fill(Me.PTSGenDataSet.qryMasterPurchasing)
        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'PTSGenDataSet.qryMasterPolicyNumbers' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
        Me.QryMasterPolicyNumbersTableAdapter.Fill(Me.PTSGenDataSet.qryMasterPolicyNumbers)

End Sub

Private Sub CodeComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CodeComboBox.SelectedIndexChanged
        USDOTNumtxt.Focus()
        'Me.USDOTNumtxt.Focus()

End Sub
End Class

Thanks
John

I found hte problem it was quite simple overlook.

John

Hello,

I have a VB form with 2 comboboxes and a textbox in which a user can type into.
I would like my mouse cursor to move from my 2nd combobox selection directly over to the textbox that I have on a VB form.

2nd comboboxe name: "CodeComboBox"
Textbox name where I would like my cursor to move to after the selection:"USDOTNumtxt"

I use the TextBoxName.Focus() in the SelectedIndexChanged but it doesn't function.

Here is my whole code:

Public Class Form1

Private Sub Form1_Load(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load
        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'PTSGenDataSet.qryMasterPurchasing' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
        Me.QryMasterPurchasingTableAdapter.Fill(Me.PTSGenDataSet.qryMasterPurchasing)
        'TODO: This line of code loads data into the 'PTSGenDataSet.qryMasterPolicyNumbers' table. You can move, or remove it, as needed.
        Me.QryMasterPolicyNumbersTableAdapter.Fill(Me.PTSGenDataSet.qryMasterPolicyNumbers)

End Sub

Private Sub CodeComboBox_SelectedIndexChanged(ByVal sender As System.Object, ByVal e As System.EventArgs) Handles CodeComboBox.SelectedIndexChanged
        USDOTNumtxt.Focus()
        'Me.USDOTNumtxt.Focus()

End Sub
End Class

Thanks
John

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.