i was looking for some information on how to override WndProc in mobile pc and i found the link below :
http://blogs.msdn.com/netcfteam/archive/2005/05/23/421143.aspx

what surprised me is the picture on the header of the page, more than 90 percent in the team is from india.

What do you think about this news?

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

I dont know about invasion but one of the white guys on that picture looks like he was shopped in. His shoulder goes between the guys wrist and shirt and his skin color doesn't match the lighting for the rest of people.

commented: LOL - the whole picture is fake - half of them are out of focus to begin with +36

i think he is the only american one in that photo, if he is not from UK.

New american generation is too lazy for coding when they have the luxury to get paid over 200 dolars per night when day work as a server in the restorant or make thousands over a night when they work as a stripper.

... I was born in Atlanta, Georgia ... and i'm a software developer ...............................................................................................................................................................................

Exceptions do not break rule :)
(i dont know how to say it in english, this is a direct translation from turkish, put it into your own words please)

Sadly you are right :( . H1-B and laziness will be the death of the american software developers

i am H1-B :)
but i didnt come here for money, i came here for freedom. But it was really shocking to see that in a company with 1500 employees, there is not even one american software developer. they are looking for easy money. That is why i respect a blonde cute female c++ developer too much. She could have taken advantage of her beauty instead of coding all her life.. She just likes to produce something with her brain, she likes contemplating and observing.
I based my love for her to these things but everyone thought that i was creepy because i fell in love with an internet person..

That is why i respect a blonde cute female c++ developer too much. She could have taken advantage of her beauty instead of ... <snip>

Let's please not let this thread steer in the creepy direction too. That whole post was completely unnecessary and I really didn't need to read more of that drivel.

That being said, I'm not surprised that the whole development team is Indian; they have a MASSIVE population. And hey, there's nothing wrong with so many of them taking these tech jobs. Good for them for showing up any citizens in the country that the company is based out of.

That whole post is not completely unnecessary. i want blonde people to think too. i mean not actually blonde. i want beautiful girls to think too. i want a thinking beautiful girl, how is that?
Beauty makes money. once they are beautiful they are served for many things, so why bother to improve in thought matters?
In the past because of societies repression beauty was not a good source of money as women were not fully free to make use of it. my neural network is full of garbage i think :) i always tend to think that everything is related to each other. so for me it is hard to seperate topics from each other ..

Well now... I think I'll just drop this and slowly back away, avoiding all eye-contact in the process...

>Well now... I think I'll just drop this and slowly back away, avoiding all eye-contact in the process...

expand it for me a little if you could.

what surprised me is the picture on the header of the page, more than 90 percent in the team is from india.

Yeah MS's Visual Studio team has lots of indians. I believe MS research has a big department in Hyderabad. Back when J# existed (obsolete now) that was all headed by people from there.

That being said, I'm not surprised that the whole development team is Indian; they have a MASSIVE population. And hey, there's nothing wrong with so many of them taking these tech jobs

Annoys me. Ive learnt through working with such people on projects that a significant percentage dont work well in teams, because thier education system places a very high demand on being *the* number one through your own hard work. Gets a bit annoying when the one bloke ends up rewriting all your code on his own...

Annoys me. Ive learnt through working with such people on projects that a significant percentage dont work well in teams, because thier education system places a very high demand on being *the* number one through your own hard work. Gets a bit annoying when the one bloke ends up rewriting all your code on his own...

Fair enough. I haven't had those experiences that you've had. Although, I imagine some communication and coordination would also be difficult if their developers' English skills are anything like their telemarketers'...

Annoys me. Ive learnt through working with such people on projects that a significant percentage dont work well in teams, because thier education system places a very high demand on being *the* number one through your own hard work.

You must have worked with the wrong 'set' of people for that bad experience. This has never happened to me (I have been working for past 3 yrs).
Isn't the sentence in bold a good thing ? Who doesn't want to be number one ? :)

Gets a bit annoying when the one bloke ends up rewriting all your code on his own...

Now, that sucks. Unfortunately, there are people with 'extraordinary ego' everywhere. They just want their {script/idea} to be implemented. Its horrible, I know. :)

you forget one thing about indian people jbennet. people who are good at believing in a religion are also good at in maths and anything related to conceptualization. The first mathematicians were believers. Life is a trade off. when you miss the balance, you end up with a society with milions of children because you believe that children are gift from god. But on the other hand you dont worry about your limitless life as you think you are going to come back and keep coding all they long with abstractions in mind. It makes you a good programmer. Then at some point you lose everything you have because you based everything in religion(conceptualization) and not on reality. (i am an atheist by the way)

Why is a good-looking coder better than not-so-good-looking/ugly coder?

Why is a good-looking coder better than not-so-good-looking/ugly coder?

Since when did anyone mention beauty or looks in this thread?...

I think over-population and limited resources make Indian students work twice as hard as anybody else.
Limited number of jobs means that only the best have chance of escaping unemployment.
People try to get college degrees so they can compete with the best in the country/are not left behind in the race.
But in the colleges again, there are only a limited number of seats.
So kids start preparing for college entrance exams at a very young age (as early as 9 years/10 years), to give themselves a lead.

I think over-population and limited resources make Indian students work twice as hard as anybody else.

Very true, which is sad because their population expansion was so rapid that their infrastructure and social services are very lacking for such a large amount of people.

I dont know about invasion but one of the white guys on that picture looks like he was shopped in. His shoulder goes between the guys wrist and shirt and his skin color doesn't match the lighting for the rest of people.

definitely shopped in - the "halo" effect on his profile/outline is a dead give-away

"Since when did anyone mention beauty or looks in this thread?..."

I was reacting to this:

"That is why i respect a blonde cute female c++ developer too much.
She could have taken advantage of her beauty instead of coding all her life..
She just likes to produce something with her brain, she likes contemplating and observing."

If I were better at expressing myself, I would have said something like this:

*Why do people (myself inlcuded) generally assume that a good-looking person must "take advantage of their beauty" and take up a profession that makes the best use of their beauty?
*Why does it come across as a surprise/novelty when we see a beautiful person who is gifted with brains as well?
*How is "taking advantage of beauty" any worse/better than "taking advantage of your brains"? We all try to earn our living with tools we have at our disposal!

I was reacting to this:

She just likes to produce something with her brain, she likes contemplating and observing."

Ah, It seems like you {haven't met/have no idea about} Daniweb's hardcore stalker with a never die attitude yet ? ;)

I was reacting to this:

Nav33n is correct. Say hello to Serkan Sendur... if you search around for his posts you'll probably find most non-programming related threads seem to have been polluted with some (at times) disturbing material about a certain other member on this site :P
Welcome to DaniWeb hahaha :)

commented: :D heh.. +11
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.