This is my first year of college, I attend a community college called Ohlone. Right now of course I am focusing on getting my GE's done but I am not sure how to proceed with going with a major and transferring to a State college. I love working with computers, but I do not want to do any engineering or programming, I'm more of a IT/Support guy. What major do I choose? I'm kind of lost... help/assistant please.

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

You might consider a major in networking, it's obvious you do want to be a programmer. There is usually scripting, but not a lot of programming in networking. Other majors to consider are graphic design, animation and video game design. That should get you started with a few ideas.

Business Information Systems?

I've been looking at the majors and have some options, these are for Business Information Systems Majors:

Business Administration B.S. Concentration in Information Systems(CSUDH, SFSU)
Business Administration B.A. Concentration in Information Systems(CSUFULL)
Business Administration B.S. Concentration in Management Information Systems (CSUB, CSUS)
Business Administration B.S. with Computer Information Systems Option (CPP, CSUFRES)
Computer Information Systems B.S. (CSULA, CSUSTAN)
Information Systems B.S. (CSUN)

These are for Information Systems Majors:
Information Technology B.S. (CSUCI)
Information Systems Management B.S. (UCSC)
Computer Information Systems B.S. with Option in Information Technology (CSULA)
Business Administration B.S. with Computer Information Systems Option (CPP)
Business Administration B.S. Concentration in Information Systems (SFSU)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.