clhamon 3 Newbie Poster

I have posted about how the company that I work for is looking to take money from any place that they can, but I am really wondering if what they just did is even legal.

I was hired in November, and they didn't get around to getting me a copy of the employee handbook until April. I signed that last page and gave it back to them. The handbook promises that employees will get paid for the day after Thanksgiving. Just before Thanksgiving, they posted a piece of paper on the bulletin board saying that we would not get paid for that day. There was no change to the manual and no memo sent out. I was not expecting it at all because I was never told to pay any attention to that bulletin board. When I asked out "HR" person, she said that they changed it after Thanksgiving last year. Now, if they changed it last year, it should have been made to the manual that I changed in April.

Do I have a point, or does an employee handbook not mean anything?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.