I ended up with a score of 50% correct (25 right)

All you have to do is place the state by dragging and dropping onto the correct location on the blank US map.

Recommended Answers

All 20 Replies

Score - 92% (Average error - 19 mi) :D

It was difficult to guess the exact location of Utah, Kansas and Missouri because they were asked early on when I only roughly guessed the location. I wonder why I missed PA.

74% -It was difficult to put them in the exact spots in the beginning. Plus those New England states are tricky. :p

Score 66%, average error 89 miles. never was all that great in geography.

It is VERY PICKY when placing the states (uugghh)

scored 73% first try, about half the errors I'd placed the state just a few pixels off the mark...
Second try 85%, same thing (and there I got all those midwestern states first, having to place them in the middle of nowhere with pixelperfect precision).

and I've never had US geography beyond New Amsterdam and Washington :)

My sister just did it and got 90% with an average error of 17 miles. She must have paid more attention in geography class than me :cheesy:

lol only got 4 in the right place but considering ive never been to america thats OK

Cool quiz of U.S. geography but a tad picky in regards to exact pixel placement. I have been to almost every state in the Union but still end up not placing my own home state of Ohio correctly. :confused: :lol:

yeah hey guys i heard the funniest thing today, i was speaking to an american in battlefield 2 (game) and he asked where i was from and i said the UK and he replied, what state is that in! :)

yeah hey guys i heard the funniest thing today, i was speaking to an american in battlefield 2 (game) and he asked where i was from and i said the UK and he replied, what state is that in! :)

I do not find that ^ hard to believe. :sad:

Edit from above: "I have been to almost every state in the Union but still end up not placing my own home state of Ohio correctly."

I meant, I did not place it exactly, I do know where my home State is, actually. :)

I can fully understand that.
My father was in New York once having diner with the governor (he was there to sign a contract that would generate several thousand jobs in the man's state).
Things progressed nicely until the governor asked where my father came from. He answered he's from the Netherlands, on which the governor responde (obviously proud of his international geography) "Oh, the capital of Copenhagen!".

I can fully understand that.
My father was in New York once having diner with the governor (he was there to sign a contract that would generate several thousand jobs in the man's state).
Things progressed nicely until the governor asked where my father came from. He answered he's from the Netherlands, on which the governor responde (obviously proud of his international geography) "Oh, the capital of Copenhagen!".

LOL :lol::lol: nice :confused:

lol only got 4 in the right place but considering ive never been to america thats OK

I suppose two of them were Alaska and Hawaii. :p It's easier if you play it like a jigsaw puzzle. My cousin who has no idea of US got 50% by fitting the pieces.

Its been way to many years since i was in school. It just reminds me how bad my memory is.

LOL:lol:

I can believe it. I lived in Rhode Island for a brief period of time. When people asked where I lived I'd tell them and many of them never heard of it and thought I meant Long Island in New York.

i got alaska, hawaii, texas and california

That is actually an old American Texas joke because the state of Texas was the largest state until Alaska was admitted to the union. But one should probably be American to understand it. Where ever you say you are from I will respond with "Oh -- what part of <where ever I am from> is that in?"

I suppose results will vary according to the order in which the states are presented for placement.

88% 27Mi 535sec. First try.

100% 0 miles 251 secs.

Got a little lucky, in that they didn't ask for Nebraska, Kansas, Tennessee, and the like until I had a state that should at least touch a corner of them so I had some reference on those. If those types of states come first, you haven't got a chance. It would be much better if they provided reference points, i.e. a simple dot on the map somewhere near the center of each of the states, then expect you to place the center of the state somewhere very close to one of those spots. That would at least make it fair. An attempted judging of the distances, with a state in the middle (or middle right for all those states just off the eastern seaboard) is doomed to fail.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.