I have a question about the map-question JoBe asked at the start of this post. I'm also trying to build a program using <map>, but when i compile i get error that point to code inside the MAP-file.

I saw your post here, and i tried your small program, but even then i get 2 errors inside the MAP-file, and also those warnings you asked about.
I don't know why i get those errors.
JoBe's code was:

#include <iostream>
#include <string>
#include <map>

using namespace std;

int main()
{
    typedef map<string, int, less<string> > maptype;
    maptype M;

M["Jan"]   = 1234;
    M["Piet"]  = 9999;
    M["Piet"]  = 3456;
    M["Klaas"] = 5678;

for(maptype::iterator i = M.begin(); i != M.end(); ++i)
        cout<< (*i).first <<" "<< (*i).second <<endl;

cout<<"Press any key to continue!\n";
    cin.get();

return 0;
}

When i make a new project (win32 console app) and i compile it, i get these 2 errors:

c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\map(16) : error C2143: syntax error : missing ';' before 'namespace'
c:\program files\microsoft visual studio\vc98\include\map(16) : error C2501: 'B' : missing storage-class or type specifiers

Anyone any idea why this happens?

TIA

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The code is fine and should work. Try rebuilding solution.

The code is fine and should work. Try rebuilding solution.

i rebuiled it a couple of times, but i still got the errors.
i believe you guys when you say it works, but i don't get why i get these errors. Maybe a fault in my Options or something? i don't know :sad:

Maybe there's a problem with your compiler/IDE installation or with the header files.

Also, make sure your code is being compiled as C++ and not C

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.