I have just recently learned about the secret and have started trying to implement it in my life. My biggest difficulty has been my job. I currently work an assembly-type job, on my own, eight hours a day. With all that free time on my own, I inevitably succumb to that sinking doubt: "How is it going to happen?" "Is it really possible?"
Years and years of self-doubt is challenging to overcome, I know, but forty hours a week of this type of thinking will naturally prevent manifestation of my dreams!!!
I was hoping that maybe I could get some hints and tips from people who are using the secret in their own lives - a different perspective would be very helpful indeed!
Thank you

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

I used the secret to hope for a child, and then lo and behold, I found one wandering around in the supermarket! She still hasn't learned to answer to her new name, "Zelda," but I'm working on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Secret_(2006_film)

I think the technical term would be "bunk". My favorite editorial quote:

Karin Klein, writing for the LA Times:My sister says I'm over-intellectualizing. She, after all, had manifested a fine leather satchel. And I have to admit, if there were designer leather goods to be had out of this, I was interested. The reality was — drat it all — far more prosaic. Watching the DVD gave her the idea that she could afford this bag if she really wanted it, and so she went ahead and charged it

What is this about?

Follow the wikipedia link. Basically, it's the religion of narcissistic self-indulgence, promoted by the High Priestess, Oprah.

I did. Wiki says that

Wikipedia does not have an article with this exact name.

Ok, I edited the link. Don't waste your time. If you really want to read psuedo-scientific b.s., try "Science Made Stupid". The only difference is that it is intentionally funny.

To the original poster: I have to ask, what made you decide to ask your question on Daniweb, an IT Discussion Community?

commented: had a glance. nice link. +6

Ok, I edited the link. Don't waste your time. If you really want to read psuedo-scientific b.s., try "Science Made Stupid". The only difference is that it is intentionally funny.

To the original poster: I have to ask, what made you decide to ask your question on Daniweb, an IT Discussion Community?

I'm guessing that we're a target rich environment because of the majority of our members that participate regularly if this forum are minors who are impressionable.

This ranks right up there with Scientology, another work of fiction taken seriously.

The Secret of Life. Live with a person you love, and love him/her always. Don't cheat on your partner, and never go to bed mad at your partner -- all disputes should have been resolved by then.

Now, you can wire-transfer my psychoanalysis bill of $1,000.00 USD to my bank. :)

The Secret of Life. Live with a person you love, and love him/her always. Don't cheat on your partner, and never go to bed mad at your partner -- all disputes should have been resolved by then.

Now, you can wire-transfer my psychoanalysis bill of $1,000.00 USD to my bank. :)

Good advice. =)

disagree

tried the wiki link.. :S

as for science made simple:
I think the "dedcutive" method is 100% true :)

disagree

Oops, I didn't mean to post that! Please excuse me, I mistaken this thread for one of the word games. =p Sorry!

Oops, I didn't mean to post that! Please excuse me, I mistaken this thread for one of the word games. =p Sorry!

That's why they're a pain!!!! :icon_mrgreen:

haha! Oh, of course you would post that walt! =p

Mistakes are inevitable.. As for this "Secret", sounds idiotic to me. The true secret is nothing. There is no purpose to anything.. =)

Yes, I see now! ;)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.