Member Avatar for sakura_fujin

hi guys

just wanna ask how long does a laptop's battery last on the average? my laptop's model is HP Pavilion dv5000 and recently i began to suspect that the battery does not usually last any longer than 2 hours. is that already the average battery life or is there something wrong with it already? thanks in advance

Recommended Answers

All 6 Replies

Well, it depends on the type of battery, size of it, the screen size, hard drive speed, etc. On average, a notebook should get from 2:30 to 4:00 if I'm correct. My notebook, on "Power Saver," get's 4:00-ish usually.

Yo,
Also age and if you leave it plugged in a lot affect the life of a battery. In my experience, batteries just simply "run out" after a while (hence my battery for my Panasonic)
Also my *newer* Compaq Armada M700 says it will last 3 hours, then after it does down to about 60% it just dies...
So it depends.

The best battery life i have seen quoted is 5 hours! But normally average battery life varies on age and make model of the laptop. Normally it is around 2/3 hours for an average battery life.

My laptop gets a little under 2 hours of battery, which is the Dell C600. However, I've used a notebook that get's about 6 hours of battery life, and one that got 8 hours of battery life. If your want to increase your battery life, you probably want to add additional batteries. Also, I use Ubuntu, so I get a little less battery life.

My HP only gets an hour.
I think you'll find a battery rating at the HP site.

Member Avatar for sakura_fujin

okies thanks guys

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.