Is anyone familiar with the NBC TV series Heroes or The Office?

Which one is your favorite?

Any comments about them?

Recommended Answers

All 23 Replies

Haven't seen either of them. I don't have a TV, nor the time to watch it. :P

Ahh, they're both awesome!
I just recently started to watch Heroes. It has a lot of science fiction/action in it.
The Office is just very hilariously funny. ;)

But that's about the only stuff I watch on TV.

Actually both are pretty decent. 'Heroes' is much more of 'save the day' stuff while 'The Office' is pretty funny. Considering that I have seen only one episode of both of them, I might be wrong.

I've watched all 3 seasons of The Office, they get better when you start to get into the storyline. (not that there's much of that.. but still...)

And Heroes gets really confusing, but has a great storyline.

I think you get addicted to both of these shows after you begin to watch them. I would recommend either of them to anyone who is bored. =p

> I would recommend either of them to anyone who is bored. =p

Sigh, I wish Developers could afford to get bored... ;-) But considering that the rating of Heroes has really gone up, beating even the famous 'LOST', I am pretty sure it must be having some interesting elements.

none of the above?

I don't watch TV much anymore either. If I do, I just pop in a DVD instead.

none of the above?

Sorry, I didn't put that option in the poll. Oops.. ;)

sigh* that was a tough one ;p

i am only 12 eps into heroes and i would hate to turn my back on the office after 3 seasons. Heroes is slowly gaining ground though... I would say it's slightly more addicting than the office thus far.

good poll

If you like the Office I suggest you seek out the original BBC ones, the american one is pretty good but the original will make you cringe so much you hurt.

If you like the Office I suggest you seek out the original BBC ones, the american one is pretty good but the original will make you cringe so much you hurt.

Yeah I've heard about them. But aren't they more profane/vulgar?

No it's not really. I prefer the original Office, watched the American one once and as always you Americans butcher classics.

I would also suggest if you havent already listened you should check out the Ricky Gervais Podcasts and Extras.

and as always you Americans butcher classics. .

You have that right:D Hollywood loves to take a great film or series and modernize it. Two examples: Dr Who and Godzilla, both horrible remakes.

As for the poll: Christina left out a category -- neither

As for the poll: Christina left out a category -- neither

I know.
Do you really not like either of them?

Yes, i watched the original BBC ones. They had to tone down the dry humour and irony for the american audience. Get the BBC ones if you can as they rock

May I take this opportunity to point out a few other treats from "over the pond" to our American members? OK, great....

1. Phoenix Nights: It's difficult to make Oldham famous, but Peter Kay managed it.

2. Peep Show: It's like a first person shooter, but with no guns and those guys who are in the Apple adverts (Mapin and Webb).

3. The Mighty Boosh: bit hard to explain really....

Steven.

You mean mitchell and web?

And yes, peep show rocks. Its my fave.

May I take this opportunity to point out a few other treats from "over the pond" to our American members? OK, great....

1. Phoenix Nights: It's difficult to make Oldham famous, but Peter Kay managed it.

2. Peep Show: It's like a first person shooter, but with no guns and those guys who are in the Apple adverts (Mapin and Webb).

Steven.

All excellent programs; two more that I would add

4. Brass Eye. Satirical panorama-like documentary program

5. Monkey Dust; an animated series about human despair. Here's a clip on youtube - so so funny http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AgqEIp2YmtE

edit--
And Phoenix nights is set in Bolton, not Oldham :D Oldham is already famous... erm.. we had the first test tube baby (not me!!), race riots (not me either!!) and invented teh tubular bandage and Oldham was the only town to have both an England football and cricket captain during the 90s

Yes, i watched the original BBC ones. They had to tone down the dry humour and irony for the american audience. Get the BBC ones if you can as they rock

But that's probably my favorite part about them, they have that dry humor that is just hilarious.

you would love the original ones then

I know.
Do you really not like either of them?

That's correct. I watched the first epesode of them and have not watched either again. Probably just an old fart thing. :)

Steven.

I've never seen them. Maybe I need to watch BBC America more often, but I think that channel only runs old shows.

British TV is always fantastic. Some of my favourites:
Bottom
Young Ones
Red Dwarf
The Office
Extras
The IT Crowd
Phoenix Nights
The New Statesman
Max & Paddys Road To Nowhere

yes, and i also like crime serieses like New Tricks

That's correct. I watched the first epesode of them and have not watched either again. Probably just an old fart thing. :)

Hehe, that's quite alright!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.