Hi, I'm new here and I was wondering how I know if my user name has been activated? I clicked on the link in the email sent to me, but there was no place to put the activation code. It says I've been activated, but when I try to post, it says I'm not. I am also wondering why I have to log in again everytime I go to another page? Is it because I haven't been activated yet or is that the way it will always be? Thanks for any help.

Well, I finally got something to post so I suppose I'm activated. How did this happen without my putting in the activation code anywhere? I'd still like to know about the logging in everytime I go to a different page, it's still happening.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Since you were able to create this thread, you're account has been activated. Your activation ID was built into the URL that you clicked on. Only if that link doesn't work do you need to fill in your activation code.

As far as having to login everytime you visit any page, that's definitely not the way it is supposed to work. Are you using Internet Explorer? What version? It seems like a cookie problem to me. Do you have cookies enabled - that's probably the problem. When you login, do you check off the "remember me" checkbox?

Since you were able to create this thread, you're account has been activated. Your activation ID was built into the URL that you clicked on. Only if that link doesn't work do you need to fill in your activation code.

As far as having to login everytime you visit any page, that's definitely not the way it is supposed to work. Are you using Internet Explorer? What version? It seems like a cookie problem to me. Do you have cookies enabled - that's probably the problem. When you login, do you check off the "remember me" checkbox?

I hope I'm replying right. I am using IEv6; cookies are enabled. After I log on, I clear the checkbox to remember me. Thanks for your first answer :).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.