Is it possible to make a c++ game?

Recommended Answers

All 22 Replies

Yes.

No.

erm who should i listen to?

Both. Neither.

Ask a less vague question and your chances of a better answer will improve.

erm lets say...has anybody ever played tdzk?

No. (I'm mighty negative today).

> Is it possible to make a c++ game?
Commercial games are almost always made in C++ with the game scripting done using scripting languages like Lua and Python. This isn't a surprise considering performance is of prime importance. Also read this.

There is very little thats NOT possible with C++.. I would say the majority of games are made in c++.

Many game engines are programmed in C though.

ah, but what's a "C++ game"?
You kids assume it's a game written in C++, but is it? Sounds more like a game which has C++ as the topic/storyline to me, and I don't think that would make for a good game.

Jwenting, on the ball as ever ;)

ah, but what's a "C++ game"?
You kids assume it's a game written in C++, but is it? Sounds more like a game which has C++ as the topic/storyline to me, and I don't think that would make for a good game.

It probably wouldn't sell very well (quest 3: hunt down the NULL pointer?), but games like that might be good for kids who are interested in programming... :P

that's why Null Pointer is such a bad name. It doesn't have that certain "ring" to it.
Remember Hunt The Wumpus? Classic computer game from the 1980s.
Not much fun at all, but the name made it interesting.

hi
please give me wumpus parogram

Whats a parogram? Is it some sort of sophisticated graph? I want one too...

hi
please give me wumpus parogram

Bye.
Find your own "wumpus parogram".

Shouldn't that be in the C++ forum, where all the experts are?

First of all, this question has been asked by a lot of people already; yet not many of them have successfully achieve their goal. This question is years away from the achievement point.

First of all, this question has been asked by a lot of people already; yet not many of them have successfully achieve their goal. This question is years away from the achievement point.

Very good point! To write a good game using C++ might take ten years. To write a game about C++ may take an hour.

Very good point! To write a good game using C++ might take ten years. To write a game about C++ may take an hour.

Producing a good game, is not all about programming, but also producing a good sound effect, 2d art, 3d modeling, and writing.

commented: Good thinking +2

Producing a good game, is not all about programming, but also producing a good sound effect, 2d art, 3d modeling, and writing.

Correct! Very good thinking.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.