:) Hey everyone,

Hows it going?

I have a prob with my css layout and I have fiddling around with it for 3 days and can't seem to understand why it looks great in IE and it lines up terrible in FF.

I kinda need a fresh set of eyes.

Here it is-- http://greenbolnyc.com/policy/policies.htm

here is my css layout-- http://greenbolnyc.com/css/msgstyle.css

Basically my main div does not contain the divs that are inside it.

I know it has something to do with the "float control" but if you look at the header div the menu div fits perfectly

it could be the DIV { margin: 0px, auto; } which I think centers all divs ... but I am not sure

any suggestions would be fantastic!

:)

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jb1ker

Hi dbguide

Pff. No easy assignment there.

I think I solved it. It had to do with the 'overflow: hidden' attribute. Delete it.

The height of your page in FF will not be ok. Fix it by setting a 'height: 520px' and 'max-height: 520px' attribute. Play with the numbers 'till your satisfied.

Let me know how that works out for ya.

Greetz J.

Hi jb1ker,

thanks for your help, however I think the css file you were looking at actually have updates that have fixed the problem. Another designer from another forum told me that the overflow:hidden attribute would solve my problem.

I did try your method of setting a static height but it becomes difficult when applying to all pages.

However the overflow attribute actually helps contains the floating divs inside the main div. I never had encountered this before. Funny enough.

Thanks for the advice though. I really appreciate it.

Hi dbguide

Pff. No easy assignment there.

I think I solved it. It had to do with the 'overflow: hidden' attribute. Delete it.

The height of your page in FF will not be ok. Fix it by setting a 'height: 520px' and 'max-height: 520px' attribute. Play with the numbers 'till your satisfied.

Let me know how that works out for ya.

Greetz J.

dbguide

ok. that's the interesting part about it. you never stop learning or exploring. Good luck.

J

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.