Hi, I am new in web programming and I am trying to make my site.

But I have a problem, my template is not working properly in explorer.
My links div is in the bottom of my page. I would like to be top, near the Heading (in firefox is working perfect).

Could somebody help me ??

Thanks a lot!

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

Somebody? please

There are already plenty of browser compatability problems between IE and Firefox so it could just be that your code isn't valid.

Are you using a code generator like dream weaver or expression studio?

I use dreamweaver 8

There are already plenty of browser compatability problems between IE and Firefox so it could just be that your code isn't valid.

Are you using a code generator like dream weaver or expression studio?

I looked at your code and what it looks like to me is that in the <div id="main2"> tag, the div right is too long inside the container div so it pushes div left to the bottom...if that makes sense?

Basically if you have 100 pixels in the main2 div, and you allocate 55 pixels to the right div and 50 to the left div, it will render in firefox, but in IE because the total is 105 it pushes the left div to the bottom.

I just tested this out....change the width of the right div to something like 640px and it will render how you want in IE.

What you are going to have to do is make a seperate css file for the IE fix. Make a css file and call it iefix.css and then this is how it will look in your index.html file.

<!--[if IE 6]>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="iefix.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<![endif]-->

Don't use fixed sizes for anything except articles that are fixed sizes, images, video
all other elements should be scaled in relative sizes, ems or %, then the page size will adjust to monitor resolution and window size preserving layout without error overflow or browser compatibility issues
examplestwo divs with widths of 550px and 440px look ok fullscreen on your pc, but either sit one below the other or create scroll bars on any other window.
two divs with width of 55% and 45%, always sit adjacent to each other regardless of screen/window combination in every browser
at 640-480 12px is huge
at 800-600 12px is small
at 1024-768 12px is tiny
at 2160-1600 12px is invisibleat all resolutions 1em is the same size

base fonts chosen by the user for the user's convenience.
If they cant see your site, they wont be back

I just had to decrease the number of px from rigth div and it's work great!

I appreciate it!
Thanks for all!

I looked at your code and what it looks like to me is that in the <div id="main2"> tag, the div right is too long inside the container div so it pushes div left to the bottom...if that makes sense?

Basically if you have 100 pixels in the main2 div, and you allocate 55 pixels to the right div and 50 to the left div, it will render in firefox, but in IE because the total is 105 it pushes the left div to the bottom.

I just tested this out....change the width of the right div to something like 640px and it will render how you want in IE.

What you are going to have to do is make a seperate css file for the IE fix. Make a css file and call it iefix.css and then this is how it will look in your index.html file.

<!--[if IE 6]>
<link rel="stylesheet" href="iefix.css" type="text/css" media="screen" />
<![endif]-->

I just had to decrease the number of px from rigth div and it's work great!

I appreciate it!
Thanks for all!

the problem will recur likely for every screen/window combination other than the pc you just fixed it on
for
machine independence
resolution independence
browser independence

write compliant code, em %,

[/rant]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.