When designing webpage it should be ensured that the homepage of the website should have consistent patterns and the usage of various designs elements should be symmetrical as homegenity brings consistent pattern, thus aiding user experience.

Recommended Answers

All 8 Replies

Are you serious?

that's a nice advice for newbies, though))

thanks, man

some more kind advices plz

While Layout designing in Photoshop, one should slice images properly. Smaller images should be in gif format and large one in jpeg format. One should maintain the number of slices up to 20. This will help to boost the site loading time.

commented: suggest reading about how the HTML protocol works when negotiating multiple files for transfer, over 12, and the largest part of the delay in serving is header protocols, what you have suggested is entirely exactly and perfectly WRONG +0

Yes, home page is the soul of your site. Good and attractive design in home page can bring more traffic.

I wouldn't suggest different homepage & page..For my sites, it's usually the same ( I mean design)

While Layout designing in Photoshop, one should slice images properly. Smaller images should be in gif format and large one in jpeg format. One should maintain the number of slices up to 20. This will help to boost the site loading time.

utter **expletive deleted** referring to bovine excrement
negotiating with the server for multiple images exceeds any benefit of slicing an image, the sliced image is larger, by header information included now in every slice,
the html protocol can only negotiate 3 connections to a domain, sliced images add delay, waiting to serve the image slices
different browsers render the reassembled image differently creating screwed up layouts
better to serve the image correctly sized and at the image quality for a web image

BOOST the site loading time is the opposite of the intent, the intent is to reduce site loading time

How do you fly with the eagles, surrounded by turkeys

I wouldn't suggest different homepage & page..For my sites, it's usually the same ( I mean design)

For sure,
develop a design in css and keep it consisitent and recognizable as yours
server includes(shtml php asp) for all common elements to the page
external css and script files

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.