visualmonk 0 Newbie Poster

Hello,
We have scanned a series of magazines into single page PDFs. We also have an index of the magazines that includes the title and page range of individual articles. I have been able to convert that index into a MySQL database and I've written a PHP page to search the index and return the results. I would now like to find a way to give the user a link that, when clicked, would dynamically assemble the single page PDFs--based on the page range in the index--into one PDF and then present it to the user of my website to download.

This seems like it should be a simple task, but I have not been able to find a way to do it--at least not in a way I understand it. PHP has a PDF library, but that seems to provide a way to create PDFs from scratch. There are also tons of scripts that allow the user to browse for file to merge.

Does anybody know of a way to accomplish this in PHP or Javascript or through a piece of software--free or paid?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.