Tank Farm.

Petroleum is usually stored in large circular tanks in tank farms. Our company has several of these tank farms. Each of our tank farms is 320 metres by 240 metres. Each of our tanks is 19 metres in diameter. We would like to write an HTML 5.0 application which will read tank information for a specific tank farm from a file and display the tanks on a 320 pixel by 240 pixel screen area using the HTML 5.0 canvas element.

To use HTML 5.0 you must ensure you have updated FireFox to the latest 3.6 version. Your program should use a file picker to select a file and read in a comma delimited file containing the offset locations of each tank from the northwest corner of the tank farm. A file example is shown below. It indicates that the first tank is 40 metres down and 50 metres across from the northwest corner and the second is 150 metres down and 100 metres across.

You are to write an HTML 5.0/java_script page that allows the user to select a comma delimited file from local storage then display a layout of the tank farm.

THIS IS A MAKE UP ASSIGNMENT FOR ME.. AND I AM REALLY CONFUSED HERE WHAT NEEDS TO BE DONE.. ANY HELPS APPRECIATED..

THANKS

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Its due by today... So please if anyone there to help?

commented: nobody cares, but you, get off butt and do it, or fail -1

1. What this has to do with mobile development? Nothing, ignorantly made post
2. Even if somebody was willing to have go on it there is a something like We only give homework help to those who show effort
3. Moving to HTML section

What is a 320 240 pixel screen :))

1. Its a mobile screen.
2. Efforts are shown when people tend to get some stuff on HTML5.0 and Canvas.
3. I was looking for help with a good tutorial on HTML5.0, I can code not looking for coding help..

Its a total new thing for me.

The screen resolution doesn't make it mobile device task, still html.
If the effort is what you are marked for then you should have checked Google -> html5 tutorial, html5 canvaslook time ago

"total new thing for me", I do not believe your teacher would give you assignment without any lectures forehand on topic.

So show some effort instead of crying "Its due by today... So please if anyone there to help? " and maybe somebody will take pity on you

"total new thing for me", I do not believe your teacher would give you assignment without any lectures forehand on topic.

So show some effort instead of crying "Its due by today... So please if anyone there to help? " and maybe somebody will take pity on you

Not only that...it's a MAKEUP ASSIGNMENT. Dude! where have you been?
life often forces us to make those tough decisions like Beer Pong vs School work.
We often have to live with the consequences of those decisions.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.