Hi,

I have a website is php+mysql and i would like to do some changes on css.
Ex. To add H1 and H2 tags.
Here is the css where i want to add the h2 and i dont have idea how.
If you need a more detailed description let me know please.
Thanks a lot

A.cat_parent_link { /* The parent category name */

font-family: "verdana", sans-serif;
    font-size: 10pt;
    font-weight: bold;
    color: #0000FF;

Recommended Answers

All 10 Replies

Are you saying you just want to style a heading tag?

Please explain further and you can even post your code using the code button or better a link to your site.

Yes making some text from regular to H1 or H2
Sry for not being specific.

link is here. http://bit.ly/eKBmPX

and all the links on the right side starting with accounting and finishing with transportation i would like to make them H2

Not sure why you would want to make them all heading element. They are lists and really should be in an unordered list. But all you have to do is wrap each one like so:

<h2>Accounting / Finance/ Ban...</h2>

Ok thx but using this css

A.cat_parent_link { /* The parent category name */

font-family: "verdana", sans-serif;
	font-size: 10pt;
	color: #0000FF;

}

what should i change or add the

I'm not following you. You cant use CSS to "insert" html into your document, if thats what you're trying to do.

Again, maybe I am misunderstanding you.

Well.. maybe i am not expressing myself as it should be.
Let me understand. Those categories i cannot make them H2 using css?

thx

You cant insert any html tags into a page using CSS no. CSS is used to style already existing html elements including tags classes and id's.

Now, what you can do if you want to emulate what the heading tag looks like is something like you pretty much have.

font-weight:bold;
font-sixe: 10px;

You can increase the 10px to something higher, and the font-weight can be bolder instead of just bold.

Got it.

I understand now and thx for patience ;)
But let me ask you how this title it has an H1 tag ?
http://bit.ly/ftxT5c

Thanks

The <h1></h1> tag is coded in by the designer....into the html not the css. Then you can style the h1 tag WITH css. Like it is here in your site:

h1, h3 {
    font-size: 14px;
    margin: 0;
    padding: 0;
}

Dont get confused and mix up what css is and does and what html is and does. You should do some reading here for html, and here for css to get some basic understanding of each.

Okay. Very ..to the point. I'll have a look, print out and have some bedtime reading.
Thanks a lot.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.