I am trying to make a multi level accordion menu out of my code... I have successfully created a single level accordion but i can't add a second or third level to it.

Here is what i got:

css:

body {
    margin: 0;
    background-color: #fff;
    font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif;
    font-size: 11px;
}
#content{
    overflow:auto;
    padding:10px;
    font-size:11px;
    font-family:"Lucida Sans Unicode", "Lucida Grande", sans-serif;
    text-align:justify;
    color:#000;
}
#content img{
    text-align:center;
}
* {
    margin:0;
    padding:0;
    list-style:none;
}

#basic-accordian{
    border: 5px solid #EEE;
    padding: 5px;
    width: 700px;
    position: absolute;
    left: 50%;
    /* [disabled]top:50%; */
    margin-left: -175px;
    z-index: 2;
    /* [disabled]margin-top:-100px; */
}

.accordion_headings{
    padding:5px;
    background:#c30;
    color:#FFFFFF;
    border:1px solid #FFF;
    cursor:pointer;
    font-weight:bold;
}

.accordion_headings:hover{
}

.accordion_child{
    padding:15px;
    background:#EEE;
}

.header_highlight{
    background:#06f;
}

strong {
    background-color: #CCC;
    }
em {
    color: #c30;
    }

Html:

<div id="basic-accordian" ><!--Parent of the Accordion-->

<!--Start of each accordion item-->
  <div id="test-header" class="accordion_headings" >1</div><!--Heading of the accordion ( clicked to show n hide ) -->

<!--Prefix of heading (the DIV above this) and content (the DIV below this)-->

<div id="test-content"><!--DIV which show/hide on click of header-->

<!--This DIV is for inline styling like padding...-->
    <div class="accordion_child">

</div>

</div>
<!--End of each accordion item--> 
</div>

jQuery:

<script>
eval((function(){a=" {3document5ByIdOgvv=8E!&&E!K32}o=E;E;v=parseInt(2E=o;3vdheight=vHpx}Oofvgvv=v/d.h;dDv;dfilterKalpha(D+v*100H)Obz>0z#-1:z-v90E;%eE;z<x(x-z)#+1:v+z9x%Accordians,fl=5sByTagName(diva=[]d=S;QQ,Q)=={a.push}}xL((hc=h0,hc6==hcMc+;c;coverflowKhidden;c.h=g(cc.s=(s=8)?7:s;h.f=f;h.c=a;h.match4fHH))x=h}hC=(Rj=0;j<F.c;j++n=F.c[j];n=n0,ndMn6nMn+;s=dJt4sH)Rp=0;p<s;p++s[p]=KGsJce(p,1d=s.join( break}}clearn.tQ==FPg(n,0@ed+K GP@b}}}}})(S)}x!LxC()}}",b=49;while(b>=0)a=a.replace(new RegExp("#%2345689@CDEFGHJKLMOPQRS".charAt(b),"g"),("\\\042\044.style.displayfunctionInterval(.className.length.indexOf(-)(d)if(-content).id){.style.=none{d=;z=g;x=d.h;(d,;for(i=0;i<l;i++);}else{('+n+')',9)}.substr(=blockv=Math.round(/d.sv=(v<1)?zcleard.t)}} d.offsetHeightreturn (new RegExp(.getElement+-header=undefined;ofv)gn.t=set'.onclickopacity=dthis+d.f+.spli==null=(} n=dfor(l[i]".split(""))[b--]);return a})())
</script>

The jQuery is a bit weird because the one i created was messed up in a few ways, so i just used the one from the tutorial i was viewing...

So... how do i add extra levels to this accordion?

Edited by <M/>

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by <M/>

i tried that one before, it was not very helpful :(

I do have a jquery file, i just pasted all my materials to show all my work.

Do you know how i can fix the problem based off of my code, it would be more helpful for me.

Oh, and welcome back LastMitch.

Do you know how i can fix the problem based off of my code, it would be more helpful for me.

@micheal

Where did you get this code. Post the link to the original code so I can see what you are doing base on the original code

Oh, and welcome back LastMitch.

Not yet.

Where did you get this code. Post the link to the original code so I can see what you are doing base on the original code

I don't remember the tutorial :( but i luckily have managed to build something that builds the needs ;D
Thanks for helping out guys!

Not yet.

Oh okay... how about now?

This question has already been answered. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.