Hi All,
Till now I haven't done any serious debugging (Jump to line, blah blah). What I have done so far is read error and try to decode. Now I want to use variables form stack etc. In WingIDE/Python I will click on stack and see variables and what they contain. I tried today with Codeblocks, it was to me like trying to launch a rocket

Is debugging in C++ that harder? How can I see variables, change their values, run to a line etc in C++ Any tutorial on debugging?
Thanks alot

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

I am not familiar with Code::Blocks but several other members here seem to like it.

If you are running Windows, I know that MS-VC++ is capable of doing everything you mentioned. Stay away from Dev-C++, its debugger leaves something to be desired.

I have no idea about Unix or Linux IDEs though.

I am not familiar with Code::Blocks but several other members here seem to like it.

If you are running Windows, I know that MS-VC++ is capable of doing everything you mentioned. Stay away from Dev-C++, its debugger leaves something to be desired.

I have no idea about Unix or Linux IDEs though.

Like AncientDragon, I guess this feature will make me have VS if it will love me. Can VS express play well with wxWidgets and SDL + personally made DLLs?

What do you other guys say?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.