Hi,

Whenever I click on IE icon i get an error and a suggestion to notify microsoft of that error. However I can still use IE browser by starting Windows Explorer instead, although when i click on a link that requires opening of a new browser window i get the error once again. I use IE6 and XP pro. I downloaded all available updates from Microsoft but the problem hasn't been solved. I appreciate any input and feedback.

thanks.

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by DMR

Go into your Administrative Tools folder, open up Event Viewer, and have a look through your log files. Are there any error messages in your logs which contain more specific information pertaining to the problem?

Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2600.0, faulting module winshow.dll, version 1.0.0.1, fault address 0x00009901.

Thank you. I downloaded Spy Sweeper refered by someone in the earlier threads, after i ran it seems like it fixed the problem, whether it was winshow and/or something else.

Webroot's Spy Sweeper is a reputable program- it may very well have done the trick for you.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.