does anyone know why internet explorer keeps popping up at random on my screen ? I have checked for spyware and virusus with nothing found, and also cleared toolbar history and cleaned cookies. It is doing my head inn. It just pops up with stupid adverts on. I have all pop ups turned off as well so cant understand this. please help

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

When it automatically opens, does it go to your homepage, or is there a particular URL that it always loads? Does it show you advertisements? Is it completely at random or have you noticed a pattern when using certain software? I would post a HijackThis log in the Viruses and Spyware forum :)

... internet explorer keeps popping up at random...It just pops up with stupid adverts on.

You are infected.
When you say "I have checked for spyware and virusus", what exact programs did you use?

Moving to the Viruses, Spyware, and other Nasties (damn, Dani- why did you have to make that name so long!) forum...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.