oper syst:win xp media edition

Hi
I will be greatful if someone solve my problem
Some times when I am using Internet I open my windows task manager.
In here there are five tabs Applications, processes,performance,networking and Users.

I have the problem concerning users area.
Here are five items users,id,status and clientname.
What I want to ask is that sometimes under client name heading i find word "console" written. Other times the area under that heading is empty.
(user: myname is written, id:0,status:active, client name:" " or console).

Q:does the word "console" means someone someone else is illegaly accessing my computer or is it something else. i was worried because I dont use firewall(it slows my net speed) so i thought someone is illegaly accessing my pc
there are times when the space under heading client name is empty ie word "console" is not written there.

Thanks

Contributors
Replies
Views
12 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by techniner

Can you take a screen shot fo what your looking at for me?

Also running a system with no firewall is like loeaving your front door open while your on vacation...

Not advised at all.

Hi
I want to say that in the last message I said the word "console" appears under my client name heading. I have looked in matter again and found that word "console" appears under session heading of user tab area.
I am attatching jpg. You can tell if it is normal to see "console" under session tab.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.