Happy to help :)

Weekend was quite busy - I find myself working twice as hard for half the pay these days! LOL.

That log looks better - how are things running now?

I left these alone - they are probably OK.
The first two are likely related - we see an awful lot of infected codecs these days. Not sure if that is the case here:

c:\windows\system32\ff_vfw.dll
c:\program files\InstaCodecs
c:\windows\system32\5A5219D94A374A9E0854CB0F563363AE

Anyhoo, let me know how things are working now and we'll go from there.

PP:)

Hi Phil;

Hi Phil;

Hi Phil;

Everything running fine now. I did delete those Insta Codecs from Control Panel; All working well thanks to you folks. Thanks much. Alx

Hi Phil;
Everything running fine now. I did delete those Insta Codecs from Control Panel; All working well thanks to you folks. Thanks much. Alx

You're welcome.

Normally I'd like to follow up with a Kaspersky Online Scan, but I think it is still down as they are reworking it. So, that will have to wait - you should probably keep that in mind and check them out when it is back up.

--I still need to look at your DDS attach.txt and see what needs removing/updating - I'll try to post that Tuesday evening EST.

-- Let's remove Combofix and the files/folders it created:

• Click Start > Run
• Type or Copy&Paste ComboFix /Uninstall into the Run box. (Be sure there is a space between the x and the / if you type it)
• Click OK

This will remove Combofix and it’s components from your machine.
It should also reset your clock, re-hide System and Hidden Files and hide File Extensions.
Last, but certainly not least, doing this should reset System Restore.

Cheers :)
PP

You're welcome.

Normally I'd like to follow up with a Kaspersky Online Scan, but I think it is still down as they are reworking it. So, that will have to wait - you should probably keep that in mind and check them out when it is back up.

--I still need to look at your DDS attach.txt and see what needs removing/updating - I'll try to post that Tuesday evening EST.

-- Let's remove Combofix and the files/folders it created:

• Click Start > Run
• Type or Copy&Paste ComboFix /Uninstall into the Run box. (Be sure there is a space between the x and the / if you type it)
• Click OK

This will remove Combofix and it’s components from your machine.
It should also reset your clock, re-hide System and Hidden Files and hide File Extensions.
Last, but certainly not least, doing this should reset System Restore.

Cheers :)
PP

Good Morning Philie;

ComboFix uninstall complete. In addition, I did a search and found / removed some comboFix shortcuts and text files manually. In addition, I did go check for Karpensky, but as you indicated, it is still not available. Thanks -Alx

Good Morning Philie;

ComboFix uninstall complete. In addition, I did a search and found / removed some comboFix shortcuts and text files manually. In addition, I did go check for Karpensky, but as you indicated, it is still not available. Thanks -Alx

Hey Alex - Sorry about the wait. I'm having a rough go of it these days. We had terrible ice storm on Tuesday that knocked out power and net until a few hours ago. I can live without the internet, but no heat sucks.... ;)

Anyhoo, all I was planning to follow up on was to make sure you had your Java / Av / Windows Updates / Adobe Updates and the like up to date. They are the first line of defense. So, be sure to update all of those. With the Java, you'll need to remove all older versions as they still present a security risk if they remain on your machine.

So, if things are still running well, make sure those are up to date. Maybe throw in an MBAM scan every other week or so with updated definitions. And you're probably good to go...

Best :)
PP

Sorry for late response, have been busy with school and work. Everything seems to be running fine, thanks to you and your team's assistance. I did update all the apps above you suggested, and removed the old Java versions as well.

Thanks again for everything.

Regards,

Alex

Everything seems to be running fine, thanks to you and your team's assistance.
Thanks again for everything.

You're welcome!

Our merry band of few volunteers is always happy to help :)

PP

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.