By the way, your Java is way out of date which also is a security risk in many ways. Current version is update 6 version 24 and you need to install this.

http://www.java.com/en/download/index.jsp

I installed it, thanks. Well I guess that leaves nothing else then.

You need to really watch what you are downloading and from where. I would also advise you add SpywareBlaster. Superb protection, does not doesn't scan for and clean spyware--it prevents it from being installed in the first place. SpywareBlaster prevents the installation of ActiveX-based spyware, adware, dialers, browser hijackers, and other potentially unwanted programs. It can also block spyware/tracking cookies in IE, Mozilla Firefox, Netscape, and many other browsers, and restrict the actions of spyware/ad/tracking sites.
Download, install, update, enable all protection and close the program. Manually check for updates every couple weeks. If there are updates follow above procedure. I wouldn't run a computer without it.
http://download.cnet.com/SpywareBlaster/3000-8022_4-10196637.html

I do have SpywareBlaster, but often times I do forget to run it on startup.

I do have SpywareBlaster, but often times I do forget to run it on startup.

SpywareBlaster NEVER runs. It isn't supposed to run. The only time it "runs" is if you are checking for updates. Then all you do is update, enable protection and close it. It only has updates, at most, about every two weeks so there is nothing you do with it otherwise.

Oh okay. I thought I read from where I downloaded it that I had to open up the window every time I started the computer.

Oh okay. I thought I read from where I downloaded it that I had to open up the window every time I started the computer.

Absolutely not.
Read # 5 the FAQ section from Javacool , the creator of the tool

SpywareBlaster is passive protection. It plugs the holes that spyware and other potentially unwanted software use to get in to your system. As such, there is no running process - and no CPU and memory usage either. All you have to do is remember to[B] update SpywareBlaster once a week[/B], and enable the latest protection

Yours is way, way out of date by the way, you show version 4.2 which was released April 9, 2009 so yours is a full two years out of date. Current version is 4.4 which was released in August, 2010 so you haven't even checked for updates in at least two years, very possibly one reason your infection entered so easily you had virtually NO protection there for the newest infections out there and you had one of the new infections on the computer. Number of items in the current database is 14,281.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.