Below is a log of what my virus scan software is finding. I can't figure out how to fix this. It happens repeatedly when i'm in IE. Any ideas?

thanks.

12/11/2005 13:34:10 Blocked by Buffer Overflow Protection EUR\BHalcrow C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE::ReadFile bo:heap

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

That's a McAfee error message, yes?
1. Does a full virus scan of your system yield any more specific/helpful information?
2. What (if any) steps have you already taken to resolve the issue?

Hi, sorry for late reply.

1. I have done a full virus scan but nothing is showing up.
2. Have also run anti spyware but again nothing. Have tried to Submit a File via McAfee AVERT but can't seem to get it to work.

As long as BOP is stopping the problem that is fine. My problem is the message keeps popping up each time it happens in the On-Access Scan Messages and its quite annoying. Within BOP Properties in the VS Console there is a check box for "Show the messages dialogue box when a BO is detected". But when i uncheck it and Apply the messages still return.....

yaduks.

Have you visited Microsoft's online update site and downloaded/installed all of the most current updates for Windows and Internet Explorer? If not, please do that now.

Below is a log of what my virus scan software is finding. I can't figure out how to fix this. It happens repeatedly when i'm in IE. Any ideas?

thanks.

12/11/2005 13:34:10 Blocked by Buffer Overflow Protection EUR\BHalcrow C:\Program Files\Internet Explorer\IEXPLORE.EXE::ReadFile bo:heap

waiting for your reply

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.