Dear Dcobian:

I cannot follow your instructions. I have downloaded reglite. I have pasted the address. Then I double clicked on AppInit_DLLs. What I found was C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlj.dll.

Are you suggesting that I close everything and then run adaware, cwshredder, spybot, norton, et all? why?

After that I should go to C:Windows\System32, and do what? what is a"Attrib command"? I looked there and could not even find a file called C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlj.dll.

Also, what do you mean by delete the value?

Can you please explain?

Dear Dcobian:

I cannot follow your instructions. I have downloaded reglite. I have pasted the address. Then I double clicked on AppInit_DLLs. What I found was C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlj.dll.

Are you suggesting that I close everything and then run adaware, cwshredder, spybot, norton, et all? why?

After that I should go to C:Windows\System32, and do what? what is a"Attrib command"? I looked there and could not even find a file called C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlj.dll.

Also, what do you mean by delete the value?

Can you please explain?

Hi. Please do the following & we will see if we can help you out. There is a different & better fix for your problem now.

Download dllfix from the following link.
http://tools.zerosrealm.com/dllfix.exe

Create a folder on your desktop, doubleclick on the dllfix and install it into the folder you just created.
1.Run start.bat and press option 1. 'output.txt' will be created in the folder. Post those results back here.

Also, Download HijackThis from here & unzip it into it's own, permanent folder, (Not a temporary folder or the desktop & not directly on your hard drive).
If you have anything disabled in MsConfig, please re-enable it/them.
Start HJT & with all browser windows closed, press the scan button. When the scan is finished the scan button will change to save. Save the log to a text file, copy the entire contents of the text file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is harmless & even necessary to the running of your system.

Please start your own thread regarding this & post both logs into the one post. Thanx.

this is what you have to do.

go to start run and then type in regedit.
then locate this file HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows\AppInit_DLLs

just follow the path. and delete appinit_dlls, but in order to delete this rename windows to windows2 and then delete it or else the file will restore itself. once that is accomplished run adaware and cwshredder and your problem is resolved.

recommended to do all of this in safe mode.

That is an old fix. The dllfix works better, but thank you for your input :)

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.