I tried adware and after I started up the computer the next day I got this lovely msg>
componet comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered- a file is
missing or invalid> After some serious searching I got it finally reregistered which reinforces my position of not using anything that doesn't have a support email address
readily available

Recommended Answers

All 11 Replies

you could always get a good, FREE anti virus from, http://sohpos.com free for home users and easy to update, doesn't use up alot of sys res, and doesn't take over!! unlike norton, mcafee etc.

Thanks suRoot, never heard of it but it looks promising. As a sidenote, Norton Anti-Virus isn't incredibly horrible, but Norton Personal Firewall is the worst resource-hogging, registry-editing piece of **** I have ever seen ;)

Norten is pretty bad. I never found it to work half the time and it would not catch virus's that where months old even after a update! It also slowed down everything and i have a extremly fast computer. Not even worth a illegal download in my opnion (i did pay $50 for it).

I ended up buying Trend Micro (http://www.trendmicro.com) for my comp. I ended up liking it so much i bought it for my other computer that i hardly even use! lol

how to i above mentioned fixed

Hi allyoop54,

First of all- welcome to TechTalk! :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, please try to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_faq#faq_rules

Thanks for understanding.

how to i above mentioned fixed

THANK - YOU FOR INFORMING ME OF MY ERROR. I ASSURE YOU THAT IT WILL
NEVER HAPPEN AGAIN.
mY PROBLEM OCCURED WHEN I DOWNLOADED AUTOSHRINK3.1.1. WHEN IT FINISHED DOWNLOADING THE ERROR CAME UP MENTIONED IN THE ABOVE TITLE.
ANY SUGGESTIONS? YOUR HELP WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED :rolleyes: TED.

allyoop54,

I think your problem might fall into the "regardless of how similar your problem might seem" category that I mentioned in my last post.

In other words, in your case this might not be a question of infection by malicious programs. A Google search for the error you are getting returns at least one link which specifically relates the error message to an install of the autoshink program. Read the suggestion in the 4th post (by mrbass) in the following thread and also check out the link he posted there:

http://forum.digital-digest.com/archive/topic/22495-1.html

I tried everything with autoshrinkiso but nothing worked. An error 68 comes up when using autoshrinkiso.
I am also having problems when using DVDSHRINK3.1.7. Uusally when i would encrpt and encode a movie, it would automally start buring the movie to a DVD without using NERO. Now it seems as though i can't get either dvdshrink3.1.7 or nero to burn a dvd.
Please help! Before i forget. I went into START>RUN, TYPED IN REGSVR32 COMDLG32.OCX. It said I was registered. However, no better what was tried nothing worked.

I tried adware and after I started up the computer the next day I got this lovely msg>
componet comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered- a file is
missing or invalid.would you please inform me how to get missing file nor invalid fileor how to register correctly the missing dependency. thank you.:rolleyes:

Hi white777shadow,

First of all- welcome to DaniWeb :)

We ask that members not tag their questions on to a thread previously started by another member (regardless of how similar your problem might seem). Not only does it divert the focus of the thread away from the original poster's problem, but it also makes it less likely that you yourself will get the individual attention that you need.

Please start your own thread and post your question there. When you do, be sure to give us as much specific info as possible regarding the problem (exact error messages, system specs, troubleshooting steps you've already tried, etc.).

For a full description of our posting guidelines and general rules of conduct, please see this page:

http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/faq.php?faq=daniweb_policies

Thanks for understanding.

Due to the fact that the member who originally started this thread has not responded in over two years, this thread is considered abandoned and has been closed.

In accordance with our posting rules, other members having similar questions or problems need to start their own threads and post their questions there.
In order to help us help you most quickly, please include as much information about your problem as possible in your posts.

If the member who originally started this thread wishes to have the thread reopened, please send your request, including a link to this thread, to one of our moderators via email or Private Message.

Thank you.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.