every time i start up windows, i get a message saying that the bridge.dll file could not be found. how can i get this to stop?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

I think that you must update yous router or adsl :D or remove them then configurate them again ;)

It's a common side-effect of spyware.

I'm moving this to the Security forum, as that's where we deal with spyware/hijackware/etc. problems. Read through many of the previous "BRIDGE.DLL" threads in Security to find out how to solve the problem.

:)

Download & instal Adaware from here
& update it B4 scanning.
In settings under 'scanning,' have it set to
'scan within archives,'
'scan active processes,'
'scan registry,'
'deepscan registry'
'scan my IE Favourites for banned URL's,'
'scan my host's file.'
In 'tweaks' under 'scanning engine' set it to 'unload recognised processes during scanning.'
Also in 'tweaks' under 'cleaning engine' set it to 'Automatically try to unregister objects prior to deletion' & 'let Windows remove files in use at next reboot.'
Select 'activate in-depth scan' before starting scan.
When the scan is finished select 'next.'
Remove what it finds by placing a check in the box to the left of the object. Reboot

Download & instal Spybot S&D from here Update it B4 scanning. Go into settings & have it check for Beta releases also & download if available.
After the scan is complete, have spybot fix everything marked RED.
On the page that first opens when you start Spybot there is an option to immunise, you should do this. In the immunise section there is also a link to download Spywareblaster. Download that & you can keep it updated by selecting the same link that you use to download it. Reboot

Download HijackThis from here & unzip it into it's own, permanent folder, (not a temporary folder & not on the desktop). Start HJT & press the scan button. When the scan is finished the scan button will change to save. Save the log to a text file, copy the entire contents of the text file & paste it into the body of your post. DO NOT FIX ANYTHING YET. Most of what is there is harmless & even necessary to the running of your system.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.