Can anyone help with this:
RUNDLL:
Error loading C\Windows\downloaded program files\bridge.dll
The specified module could not be found :?:

Recommended Answers

All 7 Replies

I'm moving this to our Security forum. Please read the many "bridge.dll"-related threads in that forum- the error is the result of "spyware" on your system. You'll want to thoroughly check your machine for spyware, but to fix the bridge.dll error specifically:

Choose "run" under your Start menu and type "regedit" (omit the quotes) in the resulting dialog box; this will open the registry editor.

In the registry editor, navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run. Right-click on the entry with the bridge.dll reference and choose "delete".

I have followed instructions,though find it not so easy.
When i go into the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run. I find another folder named 'optional components',then opens to find another three folders............IMAIL : MAPI :MSFS,there is no reference to the bridge.dll in any of them.

The rundll32 entry should be in the list of entries that appears in the right-hand pane of the Editor when you click on the the main HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE/Software/Microsoft/Windows/CurrentVersion/Run folder in the left-hand pane. Ignore the "optional components" folders.

Which exact version of Windows are you running?

Runnng XP Pro

And you see no entry similiar to the following in "Run" folder's entries?:

rundll32.exe "C:\WINDOWS\System32\bridge.dll",Load

Tx doll,u were a great help,hopefully i found and deleted.

Glad to be of help. :)

Hopefullly that got it, but let us know if it didn't...

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.