I just got my entire laptop rebooted so I lost every files and all. I had it for two days and I'm already experiencing some type of problems.

The first problem is that it just randomly shuts down. It just happens at random times. Before it just shuts down, the mouse goes crazy and just randomly moves around w/o me controlling it.

The second problem is iTunes. Whenever I open it, it freezes and it freezes my computer also.

Here is the log to the AVG SCAN.

---------------------------------------------------------
AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report

+ Created at: 12:18:52 PM 6/22/2007

+ Scan result:

C:\Program Files\Get-Torrent\TorrentManager.dll -> Adware.Lop : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
C:\Program Files\Get-Torrent\Get-Torrent.exe -> Backdoor.Agent.dn : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).
:mozilla.87:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.88:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.89:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.94:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
:mozilla.95:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
:mozilla.96:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Cookies\sunny@adbrite[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Adbrite : Cleaned.
:mozilla.100:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.101:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.102:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.103:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.97:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.98:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.99:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Adrevolver : Cleaned.
:mozilla.115:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.116:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.117:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.118:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.41:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
:mozilla.385:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Bridgetrack : Cleaned.
:mozilla.140:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstbeacon : Cleaned.
:mozilla.141:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.142:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.143:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.381:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Clickhype : Cleaned.
:mozilla.55:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Clickzs : Cleaned.
:mozilla.56:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Clickzs : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Cookies\sunny@ads.cnn[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Cnn : Cleaned.
:mozilla.73:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Com : Cleaned.
:mozilla.316:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Connextra : Cleaned.
:mozilla.317:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Connextra : Cleaned.
:mozilla.318:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Connextra : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Cookies\sunny@cpvfeed[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Cpvfeed : Cleaned.
:mozilla.13:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.227:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Imrworldwide : Cleaned.
:mozilla.228:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Imrworldwide : Cleaned.
:mozilla.310:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned.
:mozilla.311:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned.
:mozilla.312:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Liveperson : Cleaned.
:mozilla.394:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Masterstats : Cleaned.
:mozilla.42:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Mediaplex : Cleaned.
:mozilla.203:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Msn : Cleaned.
:mozilla.204:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Msn : Cleaned.
:mozilla.205:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Msn : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Cookies\sunny@ssl-hints.netflame[1].txt -> TrackingCookie.Netflame : Cleaned.
:mozilla.139:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Paypal : Cleaned.
:mozilla.71:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
:mozilla.74:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
:mozilla.75:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
:mozilla.76:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Cookies\sunny@revsci[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Cookies\sunny@revsci[3].txt -> TrackingCookie.Revsci : Cleaned.
:mozilla.129:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.130:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.131:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Ru4 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.230:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Webtrends : Cleaned.
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Cookies\sunny@m.webtrends[2].txt -> TrackingCookie.Webtrends : Cleaned.
:mozilla.59:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Webtrendslive : Cleaned.
C:\Program Files\Get-Torrent\minime.exe -> Trojan.Obfuscated.en : Cleaned with backup (quarantined).

::Report end

Recommended Answers

All 18 Replies

I also did a Hijackthis scan so here's the log from that.

Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.0 (BETA)
Scan saved at 4:08:36 PM, on 6/22/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Boot mode: Normal

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Atheros\ACU\Utility\ACU.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee\VIRUSS~1\mcvsshld.exe
C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\Product Assistant\bin\hprblog.exe
C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Desktop\HiJackThis_v2.exe

O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptcl.dll
O2 - BHO: WebManager Class - {D5792AA9-D373-4039-8670-2CDAB6A71F15} - C:\Program Files\Get-Torrent\TorrentManager.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UIUCU] C:\DOCUME~1\Sunny\LOCALS~1\Temp\UIUCU.EXE -CLEAN_UP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ACU] C:\Program Files\Atheros\ACU\Utility\ACU.exe -nogui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Service Host] C:\DOCUME~1\Sunny\LOCALS~1\Temp\svchost.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [iTunesHelper] "C:\Program Files\iTunes\iTunesHelper.exe"
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {AB86CE53-AC9F-449F-9399-D8ABCA09EC09} (Get_ActiveX Control) - https://h17000.www1.hp.com/ewfrf-JAVA/Secure/HPGetDownloadManager.ocx
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Browseui preloader - {438755C2-A8BA-11D1-B96B-00A0C90312E1} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O22 - SharedTaskScheduler: Component Categories cache daemon - {8C7461EF-2B13-11d2-BE35-3078302C2030} - C:\WINDOWS\system32\browseui.dll
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Computer, Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

--
End of file - 6499 bytes

Can somone please help me out?

I'd really appreciate it.

Please move hijackthis from its current location - I suggest you install it into a folder alongside program files.
Next go to add/remove pgms and remove Get Torrent. Delete its pgm folder.
Then start hijackthis, select Scan Only, place checkmarks against all the entries listed below that still exist, and then press Fix Checked.

O2 - BHO: WebManager Class - {D5792AA9-D373-4039-8670-2CDAB6A71F15} - C:\Program Files\Get-Torrent\TorrentManager.dll (file missing)
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Service Host] C:\DOCUME~1\Sunny\LOCALS~1\Temp\svchost.exe

Please got to this webpage http://virusscan.jotti.org/ and submit this file for a scan [just click the browse button on the page... and follow thru]. Post the result.
C:\DOCUME~1\Sunny\LOCALS~1\Temp\svchost.exe
When you have done that browse to the file and delete it.
CCleaner:
==Get CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/ - and put it in a new folder. You should aim to keep this one for general use. I set it from the installation checkboxes to only open from the recycle bin. It's neater that way.
Now run CCleaner from the recycle bin rclick menu using its default settings [if you set up CCleaner as i suggested, rclicking the bin icon should give you the Open CCleaner option...]. Select the Cleaner icon, press Run Cleaner.
[For future quick temp file cleaning select the options you wish to use via the Windows and Applications tabs .. Note that CCleaner is also a free registry cleaner. Explore all its options, but skip the prefetch folder cleaning option. That one is unnecessary because windows automatically dumps old unused entries anyway, they can do no harm, and further, if there is no prefetch entry for an app you wish to load then your sys will just be a lil bit slower loading it. And an entry will then be generated anyway.]

Come back with how things seem after you do those things, imaking. Produce a new log.
[by reboot I am assuming you meant reinstall? cos you lost files etc..]

Thanks for responding Gerbil.

I got rid of the Get Torrent and fixed the two files you wanted me to in hijackthis. When I tried to go to the virus scan site, it wouldn't open up. It said something was wrong w/ the database. I also downloaded CCleaner, so can I do what you told me to for the CCleaner or do I have to wait for the virus scan?

I also came across a couple more unusual things.

1. When I go to shut down, it says click turn off to install important updates. But when I shut off and turn it back on the same thing appears. Everytime I go to shut down, that message is there.

2. I have McAfee virus protection. I was doing a system scan yesterday and while it was scanning it detected 3 files. But before the scan was finished the computer just shut down. I turned it back on immediately and tried another scan and this one finished but didn't detect anything. This happened once before too, when 1 file was detected, but the computer shut down. When I turned it on and ran it again, nothing came up.

3. Like I said before, iTunes is messed up. Before it used to work sometimes, but now it freezes up my entire computer where I have to manually shut down the computer by holding down the power button.

Try to submit that file again, if you cannot link to the site then just delete it. Run CCleaner as it comes from the box.
Then I suggest you do a Panda Online Scan:
==Please do an online scan at panda:- http://www.pandasoftware.com/products/activescan?
-select a link to the scan... free online virus scan...., enter a valid? email and follow through, choosing My Computer for a full system scan.
Post the log it produces here, plus a fresh HT log.

I did the Panda Scan, AVG Scan, and Hijackthis. Here are all the logs.

PANDA SCAN:

Incident Status Location

Spyware:Cookie/Atlas DMT Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.atdmt.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Doubleclick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.doubleclick.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/YieldManager Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[ad.yieldmanager.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/BurstNet Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.burstnet.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/FastClick Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.fastclick.net/]
Spyware:Cookie/BurstBeacon Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[www.burstbeacon.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/QuestionMarket Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.questionmarket.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/PointRoll Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.ads.pointroll.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Serving-sys Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.bs.serving-sys.com/]
Spyware:Cookie/Advertising Not disinfected C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt[.advertising.com/]

AVG SCAN:

AVG Anti-Spyware - Scan Report

+ Created at: 10:50:23 PM 6/25/2007

+ Scan result:

:mozilla.98:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.2o7 : Cleaned.
:mozilla.74:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.75:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.76:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Advertising : Cleaned.
:mozilla.24:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Atdmt : Cleaned.
:mozilla.43:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstbeacon : Cleaned.
:mozilla.29:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.30:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.34:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Burstnet : Cleaned.
:mozilla.10:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Doubleclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.35:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.36:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Fastclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.51:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned.
:mozilla.52:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned.
:mozilla.53:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned.
:mozilla.63:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Pointroll : Cleaned.
:mozilla.49:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned.
:mozilla.50:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Questionmarket : Cleaned.
:mozilla.68:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.69:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.70:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.71:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.72:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.73:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Serving-sys : Cleaned.
:mozilla.54:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.55:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.56:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.58:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.61:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.62:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.64:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.65:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.66:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.67:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Specificclick : Cleaned.
:mozilla.37:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.38:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.39:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.40:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.41:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.42:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Tacoda : Cleaned.
:mozilla.11:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.
:mozilla.12:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.
:mozilla.13:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.
:mozilla.14:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.
:mozilla.15:C:\Documents and Settings\Sunny\Application Data\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles\h9i8p838.default\cookies.txt -> TrackingCookie.Yieldmanager : Cleaned.

::Report end

HIJACKTHIS SCAN:

Logfile of HijackThis v1.99.1
Scan saved at 11:07:31 PM, on 6/25/2007
Platform: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 SP2 (6.00.2900.2180)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Atheros\ACU\Utility\ACU.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\rundll32.exe
C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
C:\Program Files\AIM6\aolsoftware.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqimzone.exe
C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
c:\PROGRA~1\mcafee.com\agent\mcagent.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe
C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqSTE08.exe
C:\Program Files\Hijackthis\HijackThis.exe

O2 - BHO: scriptproxy - {7DB2D5A0-7241-4E79-B68D-6309F01C5231} - c:\program files\mcafee\virusscan\scriptcl.dll
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [IMJPMIG8.1] "C:\WINDOWS\IME\imjp8_1\IMJPMIG.EXE" /Spoil /RemAdvDef /Migration32
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002ASync] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /SYNC
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [PHIME2002A] C:\WINDOWS\system32\IME\TINTLGNT\TINTSETP.EXE /IMEName
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [UIUCU] C:\DOCUME~1\Sunny\LOCALS~1\Temp\UIUCU.EXE -CLEAN_UP
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [ACU] C:\Program Files\Atheros\ACU\Utility\ACU.exe -nogui
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPLpr] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPLpr.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [SynTPEnh] C:\Program Files\Synaptics\SynTP\SynTPEnh.exe
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [BluetoothAuthenticationAgent] rundll32.exe bthprops.cpl,,BluetoothAuthenticationAgent
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [QuickTime Task] "C:\Program Files\QuickTime\qttask.exe" -atboottime
O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [HP Software Update] C:\Program Files\HP\HP Software Update\HPWuSchd2.exe
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [MSMSGS] "C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe" /background
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Aim6] "C:\Program Files\AIM6\aim6.exe" /d locale=en-US ee://aol/imApp
O4 - Global Startup: HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: HP Image Zone Fast Start.lnk = C:\Program Files\HP\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqthb08.exe
O4 - Global Startup: Microsoft Office.lnk = C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office10\OSA.EXE
O8 - Extra context menu item: E&xport to Microsoft Excel - res://C:\PROGRA~1\MICROS~2\Office10\EXCEL.EXE/3000
O9 - Extra button: Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Windows Messenger - {FB5F1910-F110-11d2-BB9E-00C04F795683} - C:\Program Files\Messenger\msmsgs.exe
O16 - DPF: {9A9307A0-7DA4-4DAF-B042-5009F29E09E1} (ActiveScan Installer Class) - http://acs.pandasoftware.com/activescan/as5free/asinst.cab
O20 - Winlogon Notify: WgaLogon - C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\WgaLogon.dll
O23 - Service: Ad-Aware 2007 Service (aawservice) - Lavasoft AB - C:\Program Files\Lavasoft\Ad-Aware 2007\aawservice.exe
O23 - Service: Atheros Configuration Service (ACS) - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\acs.exe
O23 - Service: Ati HotKey Poller - Unknown owner - C:\WINDOWS\system32\Ati2evxx.exe
O23 - Service: AVG Anti-Spyware Guard - GRISOFT s.r.o. - C:\Program Files\Grisoft\AVG Anti-Spyware 7.5\guard.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee E-mail Proxy (Emproxy) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\McAfee\EmProxy\emproxy.exe
O23 - Service: iPod Service - Apple Inc. - C:\Program Files\iPod\bin\iPodService.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee HackerWatch Service - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Common Files\McAfee\HackerWatch\HWAPI.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Update Manager (mcmispupdmgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcupdmgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Services (mcmscsvc) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcmscsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Network Agent (McNASvc) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\program files\common files\mcafee\mna\mcnasvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Scanner (McODS) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcods.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Protection Manager (mcpromgr) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\MSC\mcpromgr.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Redirector Service (McRedirector) - McAfee, Inc. - c:\PROGRA~1\COMMON~1\mcafee\redirsvc\redirsvc.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Real-time Scanner (McShield) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcshield.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee SystemGuards (McSysmon) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\PROGRA~1\McAfee\VIRUSS~1\mcsysmon.exe
O23 - Service: McAfee Personal Firewall Service (MpfService) - McAfee, Inc. - C:\Program Files\McAfee\MPF\MPFSrv.exe
O23 - Service: Pml Driver HPZ12 - HP - C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
O23 - Service: SoundMAX Agent Service (SoundMAX Agent Service (default)) - Analog Devices, Inc. - C:\Program Files\Analog Devices\SoundMAX\SMAgent.exe

Those logs are now clean, imaking. I would uninstall Itunes [you would not lose any data/music files doing that], and reinstall it. Come back with how you get on?
Sometimes when a scan is running it can encounter a file which somehow breaks the scan, even though it may at the time fix the problem. You restart it, and see nothing.... don't ask me how that works.. :)

How can I prevent spyware? I have AVG Anti-Spyware. Should I have any other spyware protection?

Thanks alot Gerbil, I really appreciate it.

But I'm still having problems with iTunes. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and no luck.

I can't access anything. It just freezes as soon as it opens.

I do think it freezes b/c I had to input all my songs back into which is 2,000 songs. That could be why it's freezing.

I'm trying to delete all the songs in my iTunes library, but like I said, I cannot click anything.

So do you or anyone else know how I can delete everything in my iTunes library?

Spywareblaster is a worthwhile extra protection against spyware, simply because it blocks known malware sites. I update monthly when windows updates come in - it serves as a handy reminder.
iTunes. hmmm. I know nothing about how it works, but I would think that when you start it it would scan your music library to load title information. It is looking likely that your library is corrupted somehow and that is preventing iTunes from completing that task, so freezing itself, and your pc - that has gotta be poor pgmming.
I would rename your music folder - if that proves difficult try doing it with cmd.exe, or you could change the extensions of all your music files with
ren *.mp3 *.ppp, whatever...
And if it won't do that in normal mode, try safe mode.
2000 titles? I would then copy out half of em using explorer, and try iTunes with the other half, and continue narrowing it down like that.. 1/2, 1/4... until I tired of it, and then just toss out the corrupted portion.
That may help you, it may well not. Cheers.

Thanks, I'll try that.

One more thing. I scanned AVG and I got 113 infected cookies. The risks were medium, but how do I prevent this?

And is spywareblaster free?

Use a good cleaner before you run scans. I really like CCleaner cos it can be easily modified to include any file that you wish to clean regularly, plus it automatically configures itself to give you cleaning options for most of the common pgms. Here:
==Get CCleaner from http://www.ccleaner.com/ - and put it in a new folder. You should aim to keep this one for general use. I set it from the installation checkboxes to only open from the recycle bin. It's neater that way.
Now run CCleaner from the recycle bin rclick menu using its default settings [if you set up CCleaner as i suggested, rclicking the bin icon should give you the Open CCleaner option...]. Select the Cleaner icon, press Run Cleaner.
[For future quick temp file cleaning select the options you wish to use via the Windows and Applications tabs .. Note that CCleaner is also a free registry cleaner. Explore all its options, but skip the prefetch folder cleaning option. That one is unnecessary because windows automatically dumps old unused entries anyway, they can do no harm, and further, if there is no prefetch entry for an app you wish to load then your sys will just be a lil bit slower loading it. And an entry will then be generated anyway.]
If you use cmd.exe [or explorer if it will] to rename your music folder it should stop iTunes reading it....
Start, run, cmd; ren music noise -should do it. But you will have to change directory to that folder's path, typically go:
cd ..
cd ..
cd /d f:\ or whatever.

Gerbil, I found out what was wrong w/ iTunes.

I have some corrupted songs which were in my iTunes library which freezes my computer. I deleted the file to my iTunes library and now it works perfect.

I just have one question to ask you. Is there anyway I can find out which of my 2000 songs are corrupted so I can delete them before putting them into my library?

Ok, Gerbil. I just need your advice/opinion on one more thing.

I've had to reboot my entire computer at least 5 times due to viruses/spyware. And I don't want to go through the hassle of putting all my files back onto the computer so I need to be fully protected.

I know that viruses/spyware can still get into my CPU but I still want to be very protected.

I have the following programs. Tell me what I should keep and what I should get rid of and if I should add any other program.

McAfee Security Center
Ad-Aware 2007
AVG Anti-Spyware
ATF Cleaner
CCleaner
Hijackthis
Spyware Blaster

Do I need both AVG and Ad-Aware?

And should I get Spybot?

Thanks alot Gerbil, I really appreciate it.

imaking, that is a decent selection, although you do not need to keep hijackthis - it is a scanning tool, not a fixer. Spywareblaster is free. I cannot comment on Mcafee cos I have not recently checked AV trials. I use both AVG and Adaware on rare occasions, maybe once every 2, 3 months I will do a full scan.
There is no need to keep ATF because CCleaner is more comprehensive for housekeeping, we use ATF because it hits all the right spots for malware cleaning purposes and is quick and easy.
You can have too many guard pgms, you will end up slowing your sys. But get a proper firewall! Zonealarm, Kerio or Comodo - all can be free.
To find the corrupted songs? -look to my post above re splitting your folder in half, testing, split in half again, testing... and so on. It is the quickest way.
If you keep both AVG and Adaware installed but not running, well, that's fine, there is no load on your sys. That's how I have em.

Gerbil, one more thing.

Today I was converting 1000 songs to AAC files in my itunes. While i was doign that, i was listening to music and surfing the web.

My computer then just shut down.

Is it ok for it to shut down if i'm running that many things at once? Or is there something wrong?

You can't overload a sys by feeding it work - every single task is prioritized and carried out in order. Stuff just slows down. I often have music, live data feeds and surfing going on; a typical virus scan is more work than those things put together. But more work means more heat in the chip - the processor. Often under a fast virus scan you should hear your fans speed up; yep, i'm thinking overheating here. Get the dust out for a start. A vacuum cleaner on blow and a good, long bristled soft brush does the job. You may even have to remove the fan from the processor [if it has one mounted directly] to get at the fins underneath; just don't release the processor!

Gerbil, one more thing.

Today I was converting 1000 songs to AAC files in my itunes. While i was doign that, i was listening to music and surfing the web.

My computer then just shut down.

Is it ok for it to shut down if i'm running that many things at once? Or is there something wrong?

yeah i get that when playing intensive games, if your PC overheats it just shuts off

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.