My son caught a nasty virus. Can't identify. I just want to reformat his c: and go on with life. However, this virus has made his a: unusable. If I put a boot disc in a: and start the machine, I get a message asking me to insert a bootable disc or select a different boot drive. I have tried more than one disc and have subsequently used the floppies to boot my own machine. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

My son caught a nasty virus. Can't identify. I just want to reformat his c: and go on with life. However, this virus has made his a: unusable. If I put a boot disc in a: and start the machine, I get a message asking me to insert a bootable disc or select a different boot drive. I have tried more than one disc and have subsequently used the floppies to boot my own machine. Does this sound familiar to anyone?

try this first when boot his go the startup/bios and make sure that its set to boot to floppy first .in the boot section you should find it.
maybe a bad floopy drive ,easy to just take yours out and hook it to his temp,

Yes, did that. Checked BIOS settings and swapped out floppy drive. No difference. I did get around it though. I created a bootable CD with all my DOS commands on it. Was able to boot to that. I reformated his HD and reinstalled all his software. Everything is back to norm. Still curious as to the identity of the bug.

Still curious as to the identity of the bug.

Sorry ,no idea as to the name of the bug

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.