redhunt 0 Newbie Poster

I have a couple of servers. Everyday thousands of records have to be moved to another server. A temporary table is available for each table in the 1st server. Data is copied from the main tables to these temp tables using triggers. I am using a Windows NT service to keep an eye on these temp tables. If new records are added into these tables, it will be moved to another server (and the record in the first server is deleted after moving). The data transfer between the 1st and 2nd server is sequential. Sometimes the CPU utilization is more in second server. In those cases, only partial records are updated in the 2nd server (Means record with incomplete fields). The next time when the same record is inserted into the 2nd server, primary key violation happens (since a record with same id exists in the 2nd server but is incomplete). Because of this violation, data movement stops between the two servers. Records start piling up in the 1st server. Is there any way in SQL Server to continue this transfer even if there is any exception? I know Oracle9i has options called Save Exceptions, BULK INSERT in PL/SQL. If there are any exceptions while transfer the exception is saved and the transfer is still continued without stopping. Can anyone help me on this? Thanks in advance.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.