Hi!
I have made a website which allows users to register. I want to check the functionality of the site, so I want to create a database on my computer using mysql and link it to my site. I have already created the registration form and login form, but I have n idea of mysql and how to link it to my site. My site is in html.

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

The easiest way will be to install a package like WampServer or XAMPP on your computer. It installs Apache, PHP and MySql for you, ready to use. A site in HTML only will not be able to insert into MySql, you will need PHP to do that (or any other server side script).

The easiest way will be to install a package like WampServer or XAMPP on your computer. It installs Apache, PHP and MySql for you, ready to use. A site in HTML only will not be able to insert into MySql, you will need PHP to do that (or any other server side script).

Thanks for your reply.I already have Apache, PHP and MySql installed on my computer, do I still need to download WampServer or XAMPP? What other sever side scripts can I use other then php(ones which are easy to code/debug)?

No, if you have it, no need then.

Are you not familiar with any ? Easy to code and debug is very personal. Other scripts can be perl, asp.net, ruby, etc.

1) You first Download WampServer
2) Start the wampserver,
3) On Desktop in Notificaion area you will see a wampserver icon
4) Click on it
5) then MySql---> Console
6) press Enter
7) Here you can create database

create database student;

WampServer is better and easy to use.
It also provides user interface to work with database if you are not familier with queries.Explore it !!!

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.