I am having some trouble with the libmysql.dll file in Delphi 7. When I try to connect to a database with the dbexpress MySQL driver, i get the error "Unable to load libmysql.dll". I have tried the following to resolve my problem:
- installing different versions of MySQL (4.1, 5.1, 5.5)
- adjusting the PATH Variable with each installation of MySQL
- copying the libmysql.dll file from the MySQL directory to the project and bin directories of Delphi
- getting a copy of the libmysql.dll file from my colleagues with working installations
- radjusting the PATH Variable
- Copying the file everywhere which seems appropriate
I am running Windows XP in a Virtual Box on my Mac.
I have been struggling with this for almost a week, and I cant seem to get it working. Any help at all would be most appreciated.