I want to insert data from the textBox to MySQL Database.

Here is the code snipped that I have created.

private void button6_Click(object sender, EventArgs e)
        {
            string connectionSQL = "server=localhost;database=db_junisman_kulit;uid=root;password=;";
            MySqlConnection conn = new MySqlConnection();
            double no_simpan = 0;
            try
            {
                conn.Open();
                MySqlCommand cmd = new MySqlCommand("INSERT INTO tb_backorder (no_simpan,tanggal_simpan,jumlah_rata_rata,lead_time,ongkos_pesan,harga_barang,ongkos_simpan,ongkos_kekurangan_barang,jumlah_pemesanan,reorder_point,safety_stock,persentase_pelayanan,ongkos_total) VALUES ('" + no_simpan + "', '" + DateTime.Now.ToString("yyyyMMdd") + "', '" + textBox1.Text + "', '" + textBox3.Text + "', '" + textBox5.Text + "', '" + textBox6.Text + "', '" + textBox7.Text + "', '" + textBox8.Text + "', '" + textBox9.Text + "', '" + textBox10.Text + "', '" + textBox11.Text + "', '" + textBox12.Text + "', '" + textBox13.Text + "')", conn);
                conn.Close();
            }

catch (MySqlException ex)
            {

MessageBox.Show("Can't connect to database\n" + ex.ToString());
            }
        }

for no_simpan, this data is not from the textBox but a sequence number that is automatically ordered if the data is stored to the database.

and for tanggal_simpan is the date when the data is stored to the database.
How do I write the correct code to insert the data from the textBox into the MySQL database? I use MySQL database.

Thank You in Advance,

Recommended Answers

All 3 Replies

DateTime column is causing the problems I would say. YOu only do "DateTime.Now" - no parsing to string.

btw, what error you get in catch Exception?

The Error Says:
Can't connect to database.
Mysql.Data.MysqlClient.MySqlException: No database selected at MySql.Data.MySqlClient.MySqlStream.ReadPacket()..

It seems your connection string to the database is not correct. And as far as i can see you use mySql database (on phpmyadmin).
Try this form is connection string:

"server=localhost;user id=root;password=secret;database=yourDataBaseName;"
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.