Hey guys,

I'm new to writing SQL and I need a bit of help.

What I'm trying to achieve is getting my Java application to successfully send the high score of a specific user to a database. I'm not sure how I would write the SQL code so it will see who the user is, and alter the high score column based on the username.

I have completed the registering process and checking to see if the user's credentials are valid.

Any help on this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

Look for an mysql primer which explains the uses of the INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE stamements to you. For specific help, post the relevant table structures you're using.

commented: Thank you very much! +0

Look for an mysql primer which explains the uses of the INSERT, UPDATE and DELETE stamements to you. For specific help, post the relevant table structures you're using.

Thank you very much, that's exactly what I needed! I just checked an example of the UPDATE query and I found my answer. I never thought about looking at the UPDATE function as I assumed I needed to use INSERT.

Thanks again, smantscheff.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.