Hi there, i need to draw an ERD Diagram and i can only draw the, product,blueprint,hardware,software and i am stuck
Please help...i would appreciate it a lot.Many thanks.
You have been asked to create a database design for the BoingX Aircraft Company (BAC), which
has two products: TRX-5A and TRX-5B HUD (heads-up display) units. The database must enable
managers to track blueprints, parts and software for each HUD, using the following business rules:
• For simplicity’s sake, you may assume that the TRX-5A unit is based on two engineering
blueprints and the TRX-5B unit on three engineering blueprints. You are free to make up your
own blueprint names.
• All parts used in the TRX-5A and TRX-5B are classified as hardware. For simplicity’s sake, you
may assume that the TRX-5A unit uses three parts and the TRX-5B unit four parts. You are
free to make up your own part names.
Some parts are supplied by vendors, while others are supplied by BAC. Parts suppliers must
be able to meet the technical specification requirements (TCRs) set by BAC. Any parts
supplier that meets BAC’s TCRs may be contracted to supply parts. Hence any part may be
supplied by multiple suppliers and a supplier can supply many different parts. BAC wishes to
keep track of all part price changes and the dates of the changes.
• BAC wishes to keep track of all TRX-5A and TRX-5B software. For simplicity’s sake, you may
assume that the TRX-5A unit uses two named software components and that the TRX-5B unit
also uses two named software components. You are free to make up your own software
• BAC wishes to keep track of all changes made in blueprints and software. Those changes
must reflect the date and time of the change, the description of the change, the person who
authorised the change, the person who actually made the change and the reason for the
• BAC wishes to keep track of all HUD test data by test type, test date and test outcome.