hey every body , i need to know how i can create an automatic back up for my database step, i am using sql Enterprise server 2008 R , what i need is the steps of how to do thats and how i can check if the job start or not , thanx

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

If you have access to SQL Management studio, you can create a maintenance plan. Its GUI driven so its very easy to set up a backup job. In addition, the job can include options for deleting older backups after x days so you dont have to worry about keeping an endless stock of backup files that will eventually fill up the drive.

U can add it to windows task scheduler . Write a batch file to export sql server database and add it to windows task scheduler.

you can use the sql jobs all yo uhave to do is to create a job that will back up your dbase. u can choose full back up if you want to back up the whole db. or the other option..also you can set the time of your back up..

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.