hey every body , i need to know how i can create an automatic back up for my database step, i am using sql Enterprise server 2008 R , what i need is the steps of how to do thats and how i can check if the job start or not , thanx

Edited by pritaeas: Moved.

Contributors
Replies
Views
4 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by cyberdaemon

If you have access to SQL Management studio, you can create a maintenance plan. Its GUI driven so its very easy to set up a backup job. In addition, the job can include options for deleting older backups after x days so you dont have to worry about keeping an endless stock of backup files that will eventually fill up the drive.

U can add it to windows task scheduler . Write a batch file to export sql server database and add it to windows task scheduler.

you can use the sql jobs all yo uhave to do is to create a job that will back up your dbase. u can choose full back up if you want to back up the whole db. or the other option..also you can set the time of your back up..

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.