I am having difficulty uploading text files to mysql database through phpmyadmin. Here is the feedback from the hosting company:
The problem is in the inappropriate input file format (the txt file) - there are spaces before and after the comas.
To solve the problem - strip the spaces arround the comas.
Can I do this within the webpage code?

Any feedback is appreciated..
;)

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

txt file.. why would you use that, why not a .sql?

txt file.. why would you use that, why not a .sql?

I am new to this-I am not sure how to do that. I will receive multiple records in Excel format and need to upload through phpmyadmin to mysql db :rolleyes:

Keep in mind that phpMyAdmin, or any web application (like forums) that imports a file with SQL statements, usually craps out if it's bigger than 1 meg. You'll have to either split the file into smaller files or run a mysql command through the console to load up the big file.

Keep in mind that phpMyAdmin, or any web application (like forums) that imports a file with SQL statements, usually craps out if it's bigger than 1 meg. You'll have to either split the file into smaller files or run a mysql command through the console to load up the big file.

Thanks for the reply. I will end up with a total of 5-600 records. To avoid this inconsuistancy with phpmyadmin, I will just "replace" the files in the db with a master, as I receive them.
Does that seem like it will work?

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.