Hi all,

I'm going to learn a new subject on C++. Working with Windows API. Since I work with Java there is no API used, but I feel it is better to work a little with APIs.

Here is my attempt for that.

I want to read the system time zones and display on the console. Basically in two columns, City and the Time offset. From where I should start work. Can you guys give some clues. Following week I'm free because of Christmas, so I can do some work on it.

Thanks

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

Wow, that is real collection. Thanks pal.

I need one more advice from you. How should I take my approach. I mean how should outline my works. One thing is that I want to work with pure C++, not MFC, it should since I'm working with APIs.

Anything special to do by me on this.

The functions in the link I posted are C, not MFC.

>>I want to read the system time zones and display on the console
I don't think there is a way to do that using only win32 api functions because it has no such list.

I'll explain it little more. If you check on the timezone drop down list of the windows date time properties window, there are large number of timezones are listed. I want to read them and display on a console. Thats it.

The timezone information resides in the registry location of HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Time Zones .

Use the API functions for accessing the windows registry to read that information.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.