How to make win32 app with login?
Is there some command or i need to make my function by myself?

Recommended Answers

All 5 Replies

you have to make the function yourself. Is it a GUI program? If it is then just make a dialog box with the login information. If not then just print out the text and get input just like any other console program. The more difficult part will be how to verify the login information. Professional programs store user ids and passwords in encrypyted form either in simple text files, a cookie, or a database

Thank you.

>>How to make win32 app with login?
What login you are targeting? Domain login ?
there is a well-known API in user used for login in domain "LogonUser" (http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa378184.aspx)
Trust me this is the most difficult API to learn and implement I have seen in my carrier!! (I may not be true with you) !!

Will have to learn ‘Impersonation’ as well to use this API effectively. You may go ahead and learn Kerberos protocol to understand how does domain login system works in Windows. IT IS VERY INTERESTING AND CHALLENGING.

Trust me this is the most difficult API to learn and implement I have seen in my carrier!! (I may not be true with you) !!

Will have to learn ‘Impersonation’ as well to use this API effectively. You may go ahead and learn Kerberos protocol to understand how does domain login system works in Windows. IT IS VERY INTERESTING AND CHALLENGING.

I think Microsoft made it very difficult for good reason -- to help keep hackers out of the system :)

I think Microsoft made it very difficult for good reason -- to help keep hackers out of the system

You are right... but looking at the perpose and wide useage you can justify LogonUser.

It is fun!!
Everyday, I see atleast one person around the globe struggling with this API. [:)]

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.