Dear all i am using QBasic language in DOS plateform i.e. in CUI mode. No w i want to upload the jpeg file format picture. Pls help me if you have any idea or code in QBasic .

Thank you
Giriraj

Recommended Answers

All 16 Replies

What do you mean by "upload"?

If you just want to display the picture, you will have to get a JPEG decompression library (QBasic can interface with DLLs that do this), and you will need to switch to a GUI mode to display it.

QBasic AFAIK never supported any networking related coding.

It's an arcane, unsupported, not even Y2K compliant, language that should be left dead and burried instead of trying to drag it up out of the tarpits of computing history to try and make it into a zombie.

Why the bile, jwenting?

I agree with your sentiment, but QuickBasic/QBasic/FreeBasic is far from dead. Perhaps something a little more useful to the OP would be in order?

What does FreeBASIC [1] have to do with this conversation?

[1] which I would editorialize as a worthless creation

I don't know. What does your opinion of QuickBasic languages [1] have to do with the OP's question?

[1] which are, QuickBasic, QBasic, and FreeBasic, the latest being proof that the QBasic language tree is not dead (even if it ought to be).

PS. Perhaps we ought to turn this into an "I hate BASIC" thread"? :-/

It's an arcane, unsupported, not even Y2K compliant, language that should be left dead and burried instead of trying to drag it up out of the tarpits of computing history to try and make it into a zombie.

Actually i am using cui mode in DOS plateform,
simply i need to displaying the jpeg picture file.

Actually i am using cui mode in DOS plateform, in QBasic (Quick Basic) .simply i need to displaying the jpeg picture file.

Actually i am using cui mode in DOS plateform in QBasic Language and simply i need to displaying the jpeg picture file.

I don't know. What does your opinion of QuickBasic languages [1] have to do with the OP's question?

[1] which are, QuickBasic, QBasic, and FreeBasic, the latest being proof that the QBasic language tree is not dead (even if it ought to be).

PS. Perhaps we ought to turn this into an "I hate BASIC" thread"? :-/

Actually i am using cui mode in DOS plateform in QBasic Language(QBasic) and simply i need to displaying the jpeg picture file.

What does FreeBASIC [1] have to do with this conversation?

[1] which I would editorialize as a worthless creation

Actually i am using cui mode in DOS plateform in QBasic Language(QBasic) and simply i need to displaying the jpeg picture file.

If you just want to display the picture, you will have to get a JPEG decompression library (QBasic can interface with DLLs that do this), and you will need to switch to a GUI mode to display it.

Bored, are we?

By displaying the picture file do you mean

1. Displaying the textual name of the file on the screen?
  2. Displaying the graphical image in the file on the screen?

Bored, are we?

By displaying the picture file do you mean

1. Displaying the textual name of the file on the screen?
  2. Displaying the graphical image in the file on the screen?

Yes !Displaying the graphical image in the file like jpeg on the screen in CUI mode where i am using QBasic Programming. So need of QBasic code.

You don't understand. CUI mode excludes fancy graphics. You can't display an image in CUI mode. You need to change to a graphics mode to display the image.

I have no experience formatting a picture in QB but I can offer QB coding advice. I wrote many QB programs in DOS.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.