dallaseve 0 Newbie Poster

Hi, I am back again and need some more help please. I have to write a template that performs a bubble sort, and then I need to write an overload function template prinArray. I have the first part (well with a double, couldn't make the float work) but I'm lost on the second part

Here is the assignment:
Write a function template bubbleSort , then write a driver program that inputs, sorts and outputs an int array and a float array.

Write an overload function template printArray so that it takes an array structure, int size and two additional integer arguments, namely int lowSubscript and int highSubscript. A call to this function will print only the designated portion of the array. Validate lowSubscript and highSubscript; if either is out-of-range or if highSubscript is less than or equal to lowSubscript the function returns zero.

I'm just looking for a start with the second part, and a little understanding, for some reason I've drawn a blank. It's probably because I don't understand overloading very well.

Here is what I have:

#pragma once
#include <iostream>
using namespace System;
using namespace std;

template <class X> void bubble(X *data, int size)
{
	register int a, b;
	X t;

for(a=1; a < size; a++)
        for(b=size-1; b >= a; b--)
        if(data[b-1] > data[b]) 
      {
        t = data[b-1];
        data[b-1] = data[b];
        data[b] = t;
      }
}

//template <class X> void print(X *data, int size, int lowScript, int highScript)

// MyBubbleSort.cpp : main project file.

#include "stdafx.h"
#include "bubble.h"
#include <iostream>
using namespace System;
using namespace std;

int main(array<System::String ^> ^args)
{
    int j;
	int Iarray[] = {7, 5, 4, 3, 9, 8, 6};
	double Darray[] = {4.3, 2.5, -0.9, 10.2, 3.0};

bubble(Iarray, 7);
	 bubble(Darray, 5);

cout << "Here is a sorted Int Array:"<<endl;
	 for(j=0; j<7; j++)
	 cout << Iarray[j] << ' ';
	 cout << endl;
	 cout << endl;

cout << "Here is a sorted double Array:"<<endl;
	 for(j=0; j<5; j++) 
     cout << Darray[j] << ' ';
	 cout << endl;
	 return 0;
}
Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.