Hi, I feel kinda dumb asking this question but I just don't know what to do.

I have made a program for myself and I put it (the exe in the Visual Studio 2005\Programs\Program1\Program1\bin\debug) on my other harddrive. When I try to run it I get an error (I don't know what the error says exactly but it has (x050353) or something like that) I tried it on another computer and it had the same problem. How do I finish a program so it can run it without having to have visual studios installed? I don't want it to install something like in the publishing thing. I just want to click it like an exe and have it run, how do I do this?

Recommended Answers

All 4 Replies

Rtfm

Rtfm

Thanks asshole, your an excellent help! I don't have a manual, and the ones online S a D.

Sounds like the program is busted... or has a dependency. If the program needs a dll, or some other object from its local directory (where it is running) it will break if the file it needs is missing.
If the program can be launched in its debug directory (without VS running) then I believe that is your problem.
Copy the additional files to your other computer or hard-drive, and it should be okay.

Sounds like the program is busted... or has a dependency. If the program needs a dll, or some other object from its local directory (where it is running) it will break if the file it needs is missing.
If the program can be launched in its debug directory (without VS running) then I believe that is your problem.
Copy the additional files to your other computer or hard-drive, and it should be okay.

Ok thanks for you help, it works fine.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.