Hi all,
I`m doing a project on an online bulletin board.
I`m not able to configure tomcat in my windows machine.
And i`ve been able to compile and run servlets in command line.
Its the browser where i want to see the servlets run.
Any help will be appreciated.
I have tomcat5.5 and jdk1.5 also 1.14 in different machines.Same problem in both the machines.

Contributors
Replies
Views
9 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by jwenting

Hi all,
I`m doing a project on an online bulletin board.
I`m not able to configure tomcat in my windows machine.
And i`ve been able to compile and run servlets in command line.

Then its probably not a servlet, as it is notoriously hard to get a servlet to run (properly) from the command line. How are you running it?

Its the browser where i want to see the servlets run.
Any help will be appreciated.
I have tomcat5.5 and jdk1.5 also 1.14 in different machines.Same problem in both the machines.

What, exactly, is the problem? What error do you get?

Its not really hard to run servlets on command line.u just `ve to set the path n classpath variable right.then place the .java file in the directory which is ur prompt n type javac filename to complie it.java file to run.
:)

Like I said, let me see how you "ran" the servlet. Lets see the code. A Servlet is not a standrad Java class, and would definately interest me to know how you were able to call the service method properly and pass it a request and response object, along with everything else that is needed (such as ServletContext and the rest) for it to run properly.

IOW, what you have is not a servlet.

Show your code, because from what you've said so far, I am certain you do not have a servlet, so of course it "won't work" in Tomcat (or any other web container/application server, either).

FailureToReadTheFineManualException, redo from start.
FailureToListenToAdviceError, application terminated.

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.