hello everybody, i'm niitian:) have been familiar with this community for quite some time, it has help me solve quite some problems, though now i think it's time i join too:) i'm a beginner at c++, don't really think it's way hard, but i do have alot of unanswered questions. looking forward to your co operation.
regards

Recommended Answers

All 2 Replies

oh yeah, and here goes my first problem:
i had to make this program that acts as a sort of password validator. what i had to do in one part of its code was to enter a password which is displayed as ***** on screen but the chracters are processed. i used getch() and it worked in turbo c++ but sumhow visual c++ does not support it. even though now i have submitted the assignment, this question has been sort of bothering me. any suggestions? is it coz of the compiler as i think getch() is a c function..dunno...

getch() is a non-standard function by Borland therefore not all compilers support it.

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.