The command line parameters will consist of a DNS command and then a number of IP-URI string pairs, the dns command is always a single letter followed by a search string. A string pairs is always ip address then uri which must be placed in the dns store.
these are the two command i need to come up with:-
U ip_address : find the IP address ip_address in the link list and
print out the matching URI.
I uri_name : search the link list for the URI given and print out
the matching IP address.
If the search does not find a match output the string "nil".
for error checking :-
Error checking is not an aim in this lab and so do not do any error
checking. For example assume that-
- all parameters can be treated as strings, don't check for
the correct formation of IP addresses or URIs.
- there will always be a string pair or URI and IP in the right order.
- the command will always be U or I with a search string following.
- there could be anywhere from zero to 20 string pairs
(hint: use argc to work it out).
* The C++ string class "string" must not be used.
The C string routines such as strcmp must used.
* The program must create dynamic copies of the struct below and
use pointers to links these structs together. The IP-URI information
must be placed in this structure and all searching must use this
The tutors will check every program by eye to ensure this is
the solution method used.
I just need a start.