Hey guys, i have done C++ before but gave up on it :P. But i've came back to it and i'm wondering what is a good way to simulate a left and right click? i guess you would start with this:

#include <iostream>
#include <windows.h>

using namespace std;

int main ()
{
 int n = 1;
 int x;
 int y;

while (n !=NULL)

{

if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_NUMPAD0))
 (

mouse_event(MOUSEEVENT_LEFTDOWN, x, y, 100, 100));
 mouse_event(MOUSEEVENT_LEFTDOWN, x, y, 200, 200));

}

if(GetAsyncKeyState(VK_NUMBPAD1))
 break;

}

return 0;

}
Contributors
Replies
Views
8 Years
Discussion Span
Last Post by William Hemsworth
Featured Replies
  • It works with me :-/ As long as you include the window header I think you can still use any of the functions there. heres an example of what you can do with a console application. [CODE] #include <windows.h> #include <cmath> int main() { system("start c:\\windows\\system32\\mspaint.exe"); HWND paint; do { … Read More

• Not only that, most people think that it is entirely impossible to do graphics in console applications. Heres the proof againts that: [CODE] #define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500 #include<windows.h> #include<iostream> using namespace std; int main() { HWND console = GetConsoleWindow(); HDC hdc = GetDC(console); SelectObject(hdc, CreatePen(0, 30, RGB(255,255,255))); POINT p; GetCursorPos(&p); ScreenToClient(console, … Read More

Ummm well, left and right click gets into events and event handling...that is, Win32 programming.

I suggest you start by doing some google searches on this topic ;) As an added bonus, if you learn Win32, you can leave the boring old console and start making pretty GUIs...haha

Yes, writing GUI in c++ is pretty difficult stuff. Other languages such as python, vb, and C# are better suited for that.

I don't think you can process mouse events like that in console programs. The program needs a message pump in order to get and process windows event messages, and console programs don't have that capability.

Read this about windows console functions

It looks to me like the code you wrote never releases the click. This is how you fully emulate a mouse click:

mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, 0, 0, 0, 0); // Left click
mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP, 0, 0, 0, 0); // Right click

It looks to me like the code you wrote never releases the click. This is how you fully emulate a mouse click:

mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, 0, 0, 0, 0); // Left click
mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTDOWN | MOUSEEVENTF_RIGHTUP, 0, 0, 0, 0); // Right click

does this work?

It works with me :-/

As long as you include the window header I think you can still use any of the functions there.
heres an example of what you can do with a console application.

#include <windows.h>
#include <cmath>

int main() {
	system("start c:\\windows\\system32\\mspaint.exe");
	HWND paint;

do {
		paint = FindWindow("MSPaintApp", "Untitled - Paint");
		Sleep(10);
	} while (paint == NULL);

Sleep(200);
	RECT r;
	GetWindowRect(paint, &r);
	RECT cr;
	GetClientRect(paint, &cr);

int x = r.left + (cr.right / 2);
	int y = r.top + (cr.bottom / 2);

SetCursorPos(x,y);

POINT p;
	GetCursorPos(&p);
	paint = WindowFromPoint(p);

GetWindowRect(paint, &r);
	GetClientRect(paint, &cr);

x = r.left + (cr.right / 2);
	y = r.top + (cr.bottom / 2);

SetCursorPos(x,y);

int radius = 0;
	double angle = 0;

int max = min(cr.right/2,cr.bottom/2);

mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTDOWN, 0, 0, 0, 0);

for (; radius < max; radius++, angle += 0.1) {
		SetCursorPos(x+(cos(angle)*radius), y+(sin(angle)*radius));
		Sleep(20);
	}

mouse_event(MOUSEEVENTF_LEFTUP, x, y, 0, 0);

return 0;
}
Votes + Comments
a nice one
excellent example :)

You are right -- it does work, and even in console programs :) Change main() like this too:

int main() {
	HWND paint = GetConsoleWindow();

Not only that, most people think that it is entirely impossible to do graphics in console applications. Heres the proof againts that:

#define _WIN32_WINNT 0x0500
#include<windows.h>
#include<iostream>
using namespace std;

int main() {
	HWND console = GetConsoleWindow();
	HDC hdc = GetDC(console);
	SelectObject(hdc, CreatePen(0, 30, RGB(255,255,255)));
	POINT p;
	GetCursorPos(&p);
	ScreenToClient(console, &p);
	MoveToEx(hdc, p.x, p.y, NULL);
	for (;;) {
		GetCursorPos(&p);
		ScreenToClient(console, &p);
		LineTo(hdc, p.x, p.y);
		Sleep(1);
	}
	ReleaseDC(console, hdc);
	cin.ignore();
	return 0;
}
Votes + Comments
good stuff

how very interesting...

I suppose my point was only that, why would you want to detect a mouse click if only using a text-based console...Hence why I would have never considered exploring the subject on a console...

Thanks for that will!

This topic has been dead for over six months. Start a new discussion instead.
Have something to contribute to this discussion? Please be thoughtful, detailed and courteous, and be sure to adhere to our posting rules.