vector<CSquare*>m_OldSquare;
however when i try and add elements to the list

CSquare** tempArray = m_FocusBlock->GetSquares();

for(int i=0; i<4; i++)
	{
		m_OldSquares.push_back(tempArray[i]);	
	}

I get this error

unresolved external symbol __imp___CrtDbgReportW referenced in function "public: __thiscall std::_Vector_const_iterator<class CSquare *,class std::allocator<class CSquare *> >::_Vector_const_iterator<class CSquare *,class std::allocator<class CSquare *> >(class CSquare * *,class std::_Container_base const *)" (??0?$_Vector_const_iterator@PAVCSquare@@V?$allocator@PAVCSquare
@@@std@@@std@@QAE@PAPAVCSquare@@PBV_Container_base@1@@Z)
1>C:\\SDLBlox\Debug\SDLBlox.exe : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

also when i want to delete all elements in the list on exit

for(int i=0;i<m_OldSquares.size(); i++)
     delete m_OldSquares[i];

I get similar errors.
I don't really know what i'm doing wrong any help would be greatly appreciated

It is some sort of project configuration mismatch, you could post the complete command line of the compiler. Try looking in Project/Properties/Configuration Properties/C/C++/Command Line.

/Od /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MD /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /ZI /TP /errorReport:prompt

/Od /D "WIN32" /D "_DEBUG" /D "_CONSOLE" /D "_UNICODE" /D "UNICODE" /Gm /EHsc /RTC1 /MD /Fo"Debug\\" /Fd"Debug\vc80.pdb" /W3 /nologo /c /ZI /TP /errorReport:prompt

Since you are doing a debug build, the "/MD" -option does not match. Open:

Project/Properties/Configuration Properties/C/C++/Code Generation

and change the option "Runtime Library" to:

"Multi-threaded Debug DLL (/MDd)"

Thanks it builds now but i got this warning
warning LNK4098: defaultlib 'msvcrt.lib' conflicts with use of other libs; use /NODEFAULTLIB:library
I'm using SDL thats why i changed the runtime library to MD.
Is there anything i can do to not get the conflict but still compile the program

You might compile the SDL from source hence having complete control over the run-time library usage. You should not use a mixed combination of the libraries (i.e. static/dynamic/debug/release ...).

Be a part of the DaniWeb community

We're a friendly, industry-focused community of developers, IT pros, digital marketers, and technology enthusiasts meeting, networking, learning, and sharing knowledge.